At Institute on Religion and Democracy "since 1993, Faith McDonnell is the Director of Religious Liberty Programs and of the Church Alliance for a New Sudan. She writes and speaks on the subject of the persecuted church and has organized rallies and vigils for Sudan in front of the White House, the State Department, the Canadian Embassy, and the Sudanese Embassy. She has drafted legislation on religious persecution for the Episcopal Church and for the United States Congress. In June 2007, her book, Girl Soldier: A Story of Hope for Northern Uganda’s Children, was published by Chosen Books, a division of Baker Publishing Group.
"Faith has a BA in English from Eastern Nazarene College, Quincy, MA. She received her master’s degree in English from the University of Maryland.
"Faith is a member of Church of the Apostles, Anglican, and serves on the church’s international missions committee. She serves as a board member for several human rights organizations. Faith is married to Francis John McDonnell, and they have a daughter, Fiona."
- Director, Jubilee Campaign
- North Korea Freedom Coalition: Public Members only
- Advisory Board, Sudan Sunrise
- Member, Save Iraqi Christians
- Advisory Board (2000), Sudan Campaign
Resources and articles
- Grace Akallo - coauthor
- Institute on Religion and Democracy Staff, organizational web page, accessed April 23, 2012.