Aubrey and Joyce Chernick's Fairbrook Foundation has funded an eclectic mix of nonprofits - the neocon/ global warming denialist American Freedom Alliance and David Horowitz Freedom Center, but also the progressive Tides Foundation.
The foundation seems to be a part of the California Community Fund (which says the CCF "improves communities in Los Angeles County by encouraging charitable giving, making impactful grants and engaging in the civic life of the county.")
Funding Islamophobia in the United States
Research from the Center for American Progress (CAP) indicates that FB has funded various organizations and individuals contributing to an anti-Islamic hysteria in the United States. "Between 2004 and 2009, the Fairbrook Foundation contributed $1,498,450 to Islamophobic organizations." Recipients included Act! For America, the Center for Security Policy, the David Horowitz Freedom Center, the Investigative Project on Terrorism, Jihad Watch, and the Middle East Forum. In addition, "the foundation provided the majority of the $920,000 in support going from the David Horowitz Freedom Center to Robert Spencer's Jihad Watch." 
- Category (NTEE): Philanthropy, Voluntarism, and Grantmaking / (Single Organization Support)
- Year Founded: 2004
- Mission: "The foundation is organized and operated to benefit, perform the functions of and carry out the purposes of the California Community Foundation..."
ERI has 990s for this group from 2004 onward.
- 445 S Figueroa St Ste 3400
- c/o Peter Dunn
- Los Angeles , CA 90071
- Web Address: calfund.org
- Telephone: 213-413-4130
Articles and resources
- Leo Hickman (2011-06-10). Climate sceptics flirt with intelligent design and Islamophobic group - Leo Hickman - Environment. guardian.co.uk. Retrieved on 2011-06-12.
- Home. California Community Foundation. Retrieved on 2011-06-17.
- Wajahat Ali, Eli Clifton, Matthew Duss, Lee Fang, Scott Keyes, and Faiz Shakir, Fear Inc.: The Roots of the Islamophobia Network in America, CAB, August 2011.
- FAIRBROOK FOUNDATION [20-0993106]. GuideStar Report. Retrieved on 2011-06-16.