Eyad Rajab El-Sarraj
Dr. Eyad El-Sarraj "is the founder and director of the Gaza Community Mental Health Programme (GCMHP). He is also the Commissioner-General of the Palestinian Independent Commission for Citizens' Rights. He was born in Beersheva, Palestine, and currently lives in Gaza." 
"Dr. El Sarraj is a member of the International Rehabilitation Centre for Torture Victims, and the Co-ordinating Committee of the Campaign Against Torture Victims. The untiring efforts of this courageous human rights defender is making a noticeable difference and will do so more in the coming years." 
- Trustee, MIFTAH 
- 1998 Winner of the Martin Ennals Award for Human Rights Defenders 
- Former Council Member, International Council on Human Rights Policy
- Honorary Editorial Board Member, Palestine Chronicle 
Resources and articles
- Welcome, Gaza Community Mental Health Programme, accessed August 14, 2007.
- Winner of the 1998 Martin Ennals Award for Human Rights Defender, Martin Ennals Award for Human Rights Defenders, accessed August 14, 2007.
- MIFTAH's Vision, MIFTAH, accessed August 10, 2007.
- Winners of the Martin Ennals Award for Human Rights Defenders, Martin Ennals Award for Human Rights Defenders, accessed August 14, 2007.
- Who We Are, Palestine Chronicle, accessed October 2007.