In this 1996 letter, a consumer writes to R.J. Reynolds telling them that the Doral Menthol 100 cigarettes he bought frequently explode while he was smoking them. He writes, "[T]he flame goes out immediately, but its enough to burn your fingers-or sizzle your nose tip-or, more commonly, drop the cigarette....[The soft popping sounds the explosion makes] sounds a little like my dad's cigarettes used to sound in pre-war Manila when the tiny worms within the tobacco would "pop" as he smoked."
He states this has happened with several cartons he purchased at Wal Mart.
Title EXPLODING CIGARETTES
Author ROBINSON JW
Type CONSUMER LETTER
Collection RJ Reynolds
Additional documents about exploding cigarettes
- Complaints about exploding cigarettes
- Journal Newspapers 1997 Philip Morris email about problems with exploding cigarettes
- Consumer complaint of Mr. Barrie Neller Kent 100 cigarette explosions Contains photos of exploded KENT cigarettes.
- Consumer complaints analysis 1996 - Consumer's DORAL Lights 100 cigarette exploded, causing fire to "fly" and burn her husband's arm and her couch.
- Newport Menthol cigarette exploded in hand Lorillard, July 1994
- Cigarette Exploded "Blew up like a fire cracker." (Complaint form, Philip Morris, 1988)
<tdo>search_term=exploding cigarettes</tdo> Additional search terms: "cigarette explosions," "cigarette exploded," "exploding Marlboros"