Elizabeth J. McCormack
Elizabeth J. McCormack Advisor, Rockefeller Family & Associates.
"CESR is saddened to learn of the passing of our former board Secretary, Elizabeth McCormack. Elizabeth sat on CESR’s board from 2009-2019, and was an invaluable member providing unmatched expertise on philanthropy and social justice. Elizabeth lived a long and fascinating life. Born in 1922, she spent her early years as a nun dedicated to education. As president of Manhattanville College in the 1960’s, she led the charge in shifting the school from an elite Catholic women’s college to a secular, co-educational institution. Using her experience in higher education, Elizabeth became a close philanthropic advisor to the Rockefeller family for more than 30 years. She served on the board of a number of well-known philanthropic institutions, including the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation and Atlantic Philanthropies. In these roles she helped raise and distribute millions of dollars to social justice causes around the world. She was an active and engaged member of CESR’s Board until stepping down in 2019, when she joined CESR’s Advisory Council. She believed passionately in its mission and played an instrumental role as Secretary in ensuring its sound governance." 
- Chair, Asian Cultural Council 
- Director, Atlantic Philanthropies 
- Trustee, Trust for Mutual Understanding 
- Trustee, Population Council
- Trustee (former chair), California Institute of Integral Studies 
- Former Member, Commission on Private Philanthropy and Public Needs
Resources and articles
- CESR mourns the passing of former board member, Elizabeth McCormack, CESR, accessed January 20, 2021.
- Board and Staff, Asian Cultural Council, accessed October 11, 2007.
- Directors, Atlantic Philanthropies, accessed October 11, 2007.
- Board, Trust for Mutual Understanding, accessed December 19, 2010.
- Trustees, California Institute of Integral Studies, accessed October 30, 2011.