Elizabeth Evatt "was Chief Judge of the Family Court of Australia from 1976 to 1988 and then became President of the Australian Law Reform Commission until 1993. She was a part time Commissioner of the Australian Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission from 1995 – 1998 and Chancellor of the University of Newcastle from 1988 to 1994.From 1984 to 1992, she was a member of the United Nations Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination Against Women, and chaired that Committee from 1989 - 1991. From 1993 to 2000 she was a member of the UN Human Rights Committee. Elizabeth Evatt has been a Judge of the World Bank Administrative Tribunal since 1998. She is Chair of the Board, Public Interest Advocacy Centre, Sydney. In 2003 she was elected as a Commissioner of the International Commission of Jurists." 
- Advisory Board, Rights Australia 
- Patron, A Just Australia 
- UK Trustee, Equality Now 
- Founding Member, Earth Council Alliance 
- Patron, Lawyers Beyond Borders 
Resources and articles
- Castan Centre for Human Right Law, Castan Centre for Human Right Law, accessed October 10, 2007.
- Advisory Board, Rights Australia, accessed October 10, 2007.
- Patrons List, A Just Australia, accessed March 19, 2008.
- Directors, Equality Now, accessed August 30, 2008.
- Founding Members, Earth Council Alliance, accessed December 18, 2009.
- Patrons, Lawyers Beyond Borders, accessed March 23, 2011.