Eileen Doherty has been a member (since 1999), and is now a Senior Director, of the White House Writers Group (WHWG), a group founded in 1993 by "five former White House speechwriters," many colleagues from the George H.W. Bush Administration.
PR for Sprint
Doherty has also been Manager of Corporate Communications for Sprint Nextel since 1994, where, according to her WHWG profile, she handled "crisis communications" and specialized in "communications for merger activity" as well as being "national spokesperson on issues relating to legislation, regulation, government contracts, and the executive branch."
Bringing the Tel-Com Industry Perspective to the White House
During the Bush Administration, Doherty was chief spokesperson at the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA), the telecommunications arm of the U.S. Department of Commerce.
During the Reagan Administration, Doherty was Associate Director of Private Sector Initiatives, where she worked on targeting privatization of public education to low-income areas or, as her WHWG profile says, "assisted in the creation of public/private educational partnerships, and worked with blue chip corporations to target investment opportunities in low-income, high-opportunity areas of the United States."
White House Writers Group
1025 Thomas Jefferson Street NW, Suite 110G
Washington DC 20007
Phone: (202) 783-4600
Fax: (202) 783-4601
Web Contact Form: http://www.whwg.com/contact-us/
- White House Writers Group, Team Leaders, organizational site
- LinkedIn, Eileen Doherty, online business profile
- Friedman Foundation, Dan McGroarty, organizational profile
- White House Writers Group, Eileen Doherty, organizational profile
- Jerry Landay, The Apparat, Media Transparency, March 18, 2004
- Center for Responsive Politics, Doherty, Eileen: White House Writers Group, "Revolving Door" profile
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|