Dr Foster Intelligence
"Dr Foster was founded on an idea – the idea that collecting and publishing healthcare information would save lives. We believe that better information has made the NHS a safer, more efficient and more transparent service, and will continue to do so in the future.... Dr Foster Intelligence is a joint venture with the Department of Health. We continue to fund through a research grant the Dr Foster Unit at Imperial College London, which has developed pioneering methodologies that enable fast, accurate identification of potential problems in clinical performance and also in areas of high achievement.
"Dr Foster Intelligence works to a code of conduct which is monitored by an independent Ethics Committee chaired by Dr Andrew Vallance-Owen." Founded by Tim Kelsey from The Sunday Times and Roger Taylor from the Financial Times. 
- Jake Arnold-Forster, Chief Executive
Accessed July 2012: 
Dr Foster Ethics Committee
Accessed July 2012: 
- Andrew Vallance-Owen (Chair) - Chair of the Dr Foster Ethics Committee
- Helena Earl - Consultant Oncologist, Addenbrooke’s NHS Trust
- James Kingsland - National PBC Clinical Network Lead/Senior Partner St Hilary Brow Group Practice/President National Association of Primary Care
- Ian Lane - Medical Director and Consultant Vascular Surgeon, Cardiff and Vale NHS Trust
- Alan Maynard - Director, Health Policy Unit, York University, and Chair, York Health Services NHS Trust
- Barry McCormick (Observer) - Chief Economic Adviser at the Department of Health
- Bernadette Porter - Nurse Consultant multiple sclerosis, The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery Therapy and Rehabilitation Services
- Dame Jane Roberts - Consultant Child Psychiatrist and Director of Quality and Performance of Islington PCT
- Helen Scott - Nursing Editor/Staff Nurse, St Christopher’s Hospice, London
- Nigel Sparrow - Chair of the Professional Development Board, Royal College of General Practitioners
- Sir Nick Partridge - Chief Executive, Terrence Higgins Trust
- Patricia Wilkie - Social Scientist, Patient Advocate and President of the National Association for Patient Participation
Resources and articles
- Dr Foster Intelligence About, organizational web page, accessed July 2, 2012.
- independent.co.uk The mysterious Dr Foster, organizational web page, accessed July 2, 2012.
- Questions, organizational web page, accessed July 2, 2012.
- Dr Foster Intelligence Dr Foster Ethics Committee, organizational web page, accessed July 2, 2012.