Dongfang Electric Corporation
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Dongfang Electric Corporation (DEC) states on its website that it is "one of the largest backbone enterprise groups under the direct administration of Chinese Central Government".
On its website the company states that it "takes the lead in China particularly in contracting international power stations and a wide variety of large engineering projects, and exports complete plants and equipment to over 30 countries involving projects in such diverse fields as power generation, electric and mechanical works, power distribution and transmission, railways, environmental protection, heavy duty mining and metallurgy equipment, traffic and transportation, communication etc."
Coal power projects
In its 2010 annual report the company states that during the year it signed turnkey contracts for the the Duyen Hai 1 Thermal Power Plant in Vietnam and the Stanari Thermal Power Plant in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Articles and resources
- "About DEC", Dongfang Electric Corporation website, accessed June 2011.
- Dongfang Electric Corporation, "2010 Annual Report", Dongfang Electric Corporation, April 2011, page 2.
- "EFT and Dongfang Electric Corporation in EPC deal for Stanari TPP", Media Release, May 5, 2010.
Related SourceWatch articles
- Global use and production of coal
- International Information on Coal
- Vietnam and coal
- Bosnia-Herzegovina and coal