Jump to navigation Jump to search
His PhD was "The impact of American foundations on the development of British university education, 1900-1939", Thesis (Ph. D. in Education)--University of California, Berkeley, June 1977.
- Donald Fisher, The social sciences in Canada: 50 years of national activity by the Social Science Federation of Canada (Wilfrid Laurier Univ. Press, 1991).
- Donald Fisher, Fundamental Development of the Social Sciences: Rockefeller Philanthropy and the United States Social Research Council (University of Michigan Press, 1993).
- Theresa R. Richardson and Donald Fisher, The development of the social sciences in the United States and Canada: the role of philanthropy (Greenwood Publishing Group, 1999).
- Adrienne S. Chan and Donald Fisher (eds.), The Exchange University: Corporatization of Academic Culture (University of British Columbia Press, 2008). Review
Exchange with Martin Bulmer
- Donald Fisher, "The Role of Philanthropic Foundations in the Reproduction and Production of Hegemony," Sociology 17 (1983).; "Boundary Work: Toward a Model of the Relation of Power/Knowledge," Knowledge 10 (1988): 156-76
- Martin Bulmer, "Philanthropic Foundations and the Development of the Social Sciences: A Reply to Donald Fisher," Sociology 18 (1984): 572-79
- Donald Fisher, "Philanthropic Foundations and the Social Sciences: A Response to Martin Bulmer," Sociology, 18 (1984): 581-87.
- Donald Fisher, "Rockefeller Philanthropy: And the Rise of Social Anthropology", Anthropology Today, Vol. 2, No. 1 (Feb., 1986), pp. 5-8.
- Fisher, D., Rubenson, K., Jones, G., & Shanahan, T. (2008). The political economy of post-secondary education: A comparison of British Columbia, Ontario and Québec. Higher Education.
- Fisher, D., & Edwards, G. (2007). Histoire sociale de la Société canadienne pour l’étude de l’éducation: La reconnaissance du champ l’étude de l’éducation. Ottawa: Société canadienne pour l’étude de l’éducation/Canadian Society for the Study of Education.
- Chan, A. S., Fisher, D., & Rubenson, K. (Eds.) (2007). The evolution of professionalism: Educational policy in the Provinces and Territories of Canada. Vancouver: Centre for Policy Studies in Higher Education and Training.
- Fisher, D., Rubenson, K., Bernatchez, J., Clift, R., Jones, G., Lee, J., MacIvor, M., Meredith, J., Shanahan, T., & Trottier, C. (2006). Canadian federal policy and postsecondary education. Vancouver: Centre for Policy Studies in Higher Education and Training.
- Fisher, D. (2006). The social sciences at Bishop’s University: The professoriate and changes in academic culture, 1050-1985. In P.J. Stortz and E. Lisa Panayotides, (Eds). Historical identities: The Professoriate in Canada (pp. 158-182). Toronto: University of Toronto Press.