Digital Freedom Institute
"The mission of DFI is to bridge the technology gap and assist institutions and communities of color in taking advantage of the digital opportunities that exist in the burgeoning 21st century information age." 
DFI Spreads its Work in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC)
According to their website:
- "DFI has embarked upon an ambitious project to work with Congolese women’s groups, religious institutions, civic organizations, small businesses, women entrepreneurs and human rights institutions in the Congo, formerly Zaire, to infuse technology in the projects being pursued by these groups.
- "DFI has shipped computer and electronic equipment and provided knowledge and technology transfer to Congolese groups seeking to enhance their work through technology. DFI is working closely with the National Network of Civic Education (NNCE) to establish technology centers in Kinshasa, the nation’s capital. The NNCE is a network of Congolese civil society organizations for civic education in the Democratic Republic of the Congo." 
Accessed August 2008: 
- African American Civil War Memorial & Museum
- All Faith Consortium
- Black Cancer Network
- Congressional Black Caucus Foundation
- District of Columbia Association of Chartered Public School
- Excel Institute Computer Training
- National Association of Minority Contractors - DC
- Friends of the Congo
- The Family Place DC
- Venezuela Solidarity Network
- 58 Hawthorne Court, NE, Suite 1316
- Washington, DC 20017
- Web: http://www.dfinstitute.org
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- About, Digital Freedom Institute, accessed August 20, 2008.
- DFI Spreads its Work in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), Digital Freedom Institute, accessed August 20, 2008.
- Clients, Digital Freedom Institute, accessed August 20, 2008.