David Pitt-Watson "is cofounder of Hermes "shareholder stewardship" businesses, which became the largest of any investment manager in the world. ... His early career was spent at Deloitte, where he was a partner for twelve years, ultimately running its strategy consultancy practice. He was for two years the Finance Director of the UK Labour Party, including responsibility for the integrity of its financial systems and fundraising. A graduate of Oxford and Stanford Universities, David was Visiting Professor at Cranfield University School of Management from 1990 to 1996. He has published widely on issues of governance and other aspects of institutional economics. He currently works with Oxfam as a member of the Investment Committee of its Enterprise Development Programme."  Together with Jon Lukomnik and Stephen Davis, he is the author of “The New Capitalists”.
As co-founder, and former CEO of the Focus Funds and Equity Ownership Service, he built and led the largest responsible investment group of any institutional fund manager in the world. He represents Inflection Point Capital Management, the investment vehicle of green investment pioneer Matthew Kiernan.
- Co-chair, UNEP FI 
- Board of Governors, International Corporate Governance Network 
- Director, Oxford Analytica
- Trustee, Oxfam GB
- Trustee, Speakers' Corner Trust
- Advisory Council, Doughty Centre for Corporate Responsibility 
Resources and articles
- Oxfam GB Trustees, organizational web page, accessed April 20, 2012.
- UNEP FI Steering Committee, organizational web page, accessed May 8, 2014.
- International Corporate Governance Network Board of Govenors, organizational web page, accessed June 2, 2013.
- Doughty Centre for Corporate Responsibility PEople, organizational web page, accessed June 20, 2013.