David J. Prend
David’s "alternative energy career began almost three decades ago when he was an engineer at Bechtel specializing in advanced energy technologies. He worked at Amoco in the chemical and upstream oil and gas subsidiaries and in finance. He later joined Shearson Lehman in their Natural Resources Investment Banking Group where he advised companies in the energy, mining and forest products industries. He spent the bulk of his Wall Street career at Salomon Brothers where he was promoted to Managing Director and headed the Global Energy Investment Banking Group until co-founding RockPort. Mr. Prend received a BS in Civil Engineering from the University of California at Berkeley and an MBA from Harvard Business School." 
- National Venture Capital Association, director.
- Department of Energy’s National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), National Advisory Council, director.
- NREL, Solar Technology Review Panel, chairman.
- Exeter Hospital (New Hampshire), trustee.
Resources and articles
- David J. Prend, RockPort, accessed February 20, 2010.