David Campbell is chief executive officer of Luminant, fomerly TXU Corp.
David Campbell is CEO of Luminant, a subsidiary of Energy Future Holdings Corp. (EFH). Luminant's activities include plant and mine operations, wholesale marketing and trading, and construction and development of new power plants. Previously, Campbell served as chief financial officer for EFH's chief financial officer beginning 2006. Campbell joined the company in 2004 as executive vice president of corporate planning, strategy and risk.
Before joining EFH, Campbell was a principal in the Dallas office of McKinsey & Company, Inc.
Campbell earned a bachelor's degree from Yale University and a law degree from Harvard Law School. He also received a master's degree from Oxford University, where he studied as a Rhodes Scholar.
Campbell has the following affiliations:
- Member of the board of trustees for the Dallas Theater Center
- Member of the board of trustees for the Lamplighter School
- Previously served on the Rhodes Scholarship Committee of Selection
- Term member of the Council on Foreign Relations
- Member of the Dallas Assembly.
Luminant power portfolio
Out of its total 19,356 MW of electric generating capacity in 2005 (1.81% of the U.S. total), Luminant produced 55.6% from natural gas, 32.5% from coal, 12.6% from nuclear, and 0.1% from oil. All of Luminant's power plants are in Texas.
Proposed coal plants
- Big Brown 3 (Texas)
- FutureGen (Illinois) - participant
- Lake Creek 3 (Texas)
- Martin Lake 4 (Texas)
- Morgan Creek 7 (Texas)
- Monticello 4 (Texas)
- Tradinghouse 3 & 4 (Texas)
- Valley 4 (Texas)
Existing coal-fired power plants
|Plant Name||State||County||Year(s) Built||Capacity||2007 CO2 Emissions||2006 SO2 Emissions|
|Martin Lake||TX||Rusk||1977, 1978, 1979||2380 MW||19,800,000 tons||77,419 tons|
|Monticello||TX||Titus||1974, 1975, 1978||1980 MW||16,300,000 tons||77,538 tons|
|Big Brown||TX||Freestone||1971, 1972||1187 MW||9,842,000 tons||96,221 tons|
|Sandow #4||TX||Milam||1981||591 MW||5,284,000 tons||23,747 tons|
In 2006, Luminant's 4 coal-fired power plants emitted 51.2 million tons of CO2 (0.85% of all U.S. CO2 emissions) and 275,000 tons of SO2 (1.83% of all U.S. SO2 emissions).
- David Campbell, Energy Future Holdings, accessed December 2008.
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed April 2008.
- Environmental Integrity Project, Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants, July 2007.
- Dig Deeper, Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed June 2008.
Related SourceWatch articles
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|