David C. Hammack
Jump to navigation Jump to search
David C. Hammack, Hiram C. Haydn Professor of History, Department of History, Case Western Reserve University. 
Honors, Awards, and Grants
- President-Elect, Association for Research on Nonprofit Organizations and Voluntary Action, 2003-2004.
- Visiting Fellow, Program on Non-Profit Organizations, Yale University, 1998.
- John Simon Guggenheim Fellow, 1986-87.
- American Council of Learned Societies and International Research and Exchange Program travel grants, 1987, 1988, 1990.
- Aspen Institute Nonprofit Sector Research Fund Grant (co-director), 1993.
- Indiana University Center on Philanthropy, research grant, 1993-95.
- Campus Compact undergraduate nonprofit sector curriculum development grant, 1993-94.
- Cleveland Foundation and George Gund Foundation program development grants, 1985-87.
- Russell Sage Foundation research grant, 1978-79.
- Identity,Conflict and Cooperation:Central Europeans in Cleveland, 1870-1930, edited with John Grabowski and Diane Ewart Grabowski (Western Reserve Historical Society, 2003).
- Making the American Nonprofit Sector in the United States: A Reader, edited with introductions (Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 1998).
- Power and Society: Greater New York at the Turn of the Century (New York: Russell Sage Foundation, 1982). Columbia University Press paperback edition, 1987.
- Social Science in the Making: Essays on The Russell Sage Foundation, 1907-1972, with Stanton Wheeler (New York: Russell Sage Foundation, 1994).
- Nonprofit Organizations in a Market Economy, co-edited with Dennis R. Young (San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, Inc., 1993).
- The U.S. History Report Card (Princeton, New Jersey: National Assessment of Educational Progress, 1990), co-author with several others.