Conservative Friends of Gibraltar
Conservative Friends of Gibraltar is a lobby group with the Conservative Party opposed to any joint sovereignty with Spain.
The central objective of C.F.G. is, as its Founding Declaration states:
- To promote and defend the British Overseas Territory of Gibraltar within the Conservative Party, the United Kingdom, the Commonwealth, and beyond.
Related objectives of C.F.G. include:
- For Gibraltar to remain British in its entirety and in perpetuity.
- To oppose any negotiations or agreements about the future of Gibraltar that are contrary to the wishes of the Gibraltarian people.
- To expose the illegitimacy of Spain's claim to Gibraltar.
- To promote a settled constitutional status for Gibraltar including.
CFG shall work to promote these objectives first and foremost within the Conservative Party, seeking through reasoned argument and debate to have them made official Party policy. CFG shall also, though, work to promote these objectives to a wider audience wherever possible.
- President - The Lord Bethell M.E.P.
- Deputy President - Sir Nicholas Winterton M.P.
- Deputy President - Rt Hon Michael Ancram M.P.
- Vice President - Eleanor Laing M.P.
- Vice President - Bob Spink M.P.
- Vice President - Tim Loughton M.P.
- Vice President - Murdo Fraser M.S.P.
- Vice President - Angela Watkinson M.P.
- Vice President - Tobias Ellwood M.P.
- Chairman - Andrew Rosindell M.P.
- Deputy Chairman - Tony Lodge
- Deputy Chairman - Daniel Kawczynski M.P.
- Deputy Chairman - Cllr. Adrian Lee
- Treasurer and Executive Secretary - Gregory Stafford
- Parliamentary Monitor - Charles Dewhirst
- Press and Publicity Officer - Liam Maguire
- Special Events Organiser - James Cutts