College of Psychic Studies
"The men who originally founded the College in 1884 and guided it through its early years were a small company of distinguished people engaged in psychical research, some notable in science, others Anglican clergy, who, with great courage, defied the prevailing canons of respectability in order to proclaim to a world of increasing materialism that human personality survives bodily death and that this fact is capable of demonstration.
"At a meeting on 25 October, 1883, the dissolution of the Central Association of Spiritualists took effect, whereupon the Rev Stainton Moses moved for the foundation of a new society, subsequently to be called The London Spiritualist Alliance.
"The term "spiritualist" was used in its broadest sense as a belief in survival of death, rather than today's more limited use of "Spiritualism" as a "religion". The prime movers of the new society were the Rev. Stainton Moses and Mr. E Dawson Rogers, a journalist of note. The Rev. Stainton Moses – "MA Oxon.", the pseudonym he sometimes used – was an Anglican priest and a remarkable medium. His communications ('channellings' as they would now be called), were voluminous and highly regarded. Published as "Spirit Teachings", they went into several editions. His personal books and numerous notebooks of collected writings are in the College Archives. He died in 1892, leaving his personal library to The London Spiritualist Alliance.
"It was not until 1925 that The London Spiritualist Alliance was able to acquire premises of its own. The purchase price of £5,000 for the freehold of 16 Queensberry Place, was almost exactly the amount in the Memorial Endowment Fund, started at the end of the 1914-1918 war at the suggestion of Mr. David Gow. Donations were invited from those who, in their war bereavement, had received consolation from the knowledge and experience of spiritualism.
"Our headquarters are, therefore the actual memorial donated as an expression of gratitude by the bereaved of the First World War. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, who was tireless in helping the bereaved, was President in the 1920's, and the name was changed to The College of Psychic Science on 31 January 1955 and The College of Psychic Studies in 1970." Gerald Balfour, the second Earl of Balfour, founded the college in 1884. wiki
They are a member of the Confederation of Healing Organisations.