Coalition for Asbestos Resolution
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The bill would have created tax breaks for asbestos manufacturers for payments for made for asbestos litigation claims.
Articles and Resources
- Stephen Labaton, How a Company Lets Its Cash Talk", New York Times, October 17, 1999.
Related SourceWatch Articles
- Jim Hightower, Commentary: "Four Vignettes: How to Play The Washington Game," ZNet, January 9, 2000.
- "Asbestos Compensation? A Killer Idea ...," UE News, March 2000.
- Public Citizen "How Special Interests Make Law: GAF Corporation Tries to Buy Liability Protection From Asbestos Claims", March 9, 2000.
- "Asbestos (Company) Compensation Bill ... Part II," UE News, April 2000.
- Angela Greiling, "Asbestos Bills Evoke Emotions", The Post-Bulletin, April 8, 2000.
- Michael Scherer, The Mother Jones 400 - Manufacturing: "Many asbestos-related companies want to limit compensation to injured workers and consumers. Samuel Heyman decided to write his own law," Mother Jones, March 5, 2001.