Center for Energy and Economic Development
The Center for Energy and Economic Development was merged with Americans for Balanced Energy Choices (ABEC) to form a new coal industry front group, American Coalition for Clean Coal Electricity, on April 17, 2008. 
History of CEED
The Center for Energy and Economic Development (CEED) represents the interests of the coal industry. According to CEED's website, "Eight Fortune 200 companies are among CEED's nearly 200 member companies and organizations. Over 70 of those companies participate in CEED at the Board Member level. In addition to coal producers, utilities, and railroads, CEED's members also include barge shippers, equipment manufacturers and suppliers, labor unions, and others who know first-hand the economic and social benefits derived from coal-based electricity generation."
- Brett Harvey, President and CEO of CONSOL Energy Inc. serves as the 2007 Chairman of CEED's Board of Directors
- Stephen L. Miller, has served as CEED's President and Chief Executive Officer since 1994
- Michael J. Ward, Director
- James Young, President & Chief Operating Officer of Union Pacific Railroad, serves as the 2007 Vice Chairman
CEED's national office is located in Alexandria, Virginia
Email: info AT ceednet.org
- Leadership, Center for Energy and Economic Development, accessed October 2007.