Catherine A. Lutz
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Catherine A. Lutz , Professor in the Department of Anthropology at the Watson Institute for International Studies, Brown University.
Honors and Grants 
- Matina S. Horner Distinguished Visiting Professor, Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study, 2007-08
- Delmos Jones and Jagna Sharff Memorial Prize for the Critical Study of North America (for the book Local Democracy under Siege), 2008
- Keynote Address, Canadian Anthropological Society Annual Meeting, 2008
- Compton Foundation Research Grants, 2006, 2007
- Annual Distinguished Lecture in Cultural Anthropology, University of Colorado, Denver, 2006
- Anthony Leeds Prize (for the book Homefront), 2002
- Victor Turner Prize in Ethnographic Writing, Honorable Mention (for Homefront), 2002
- President-Elect and President, American Ethnological Society, 2001-2005
- National Endowment for the Humanities Fellowship for University Professors, 1999-2000
- NSF Research Grant, Anthropology Program, D. Nonini and D. Holland, co-PIs, 1996-99
- Center for the History of Print Culture in Modern America, Annual Distinguished Lecture, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1995
- Elizabeth Kreeger-Wolf Distinguished Visiting Lecturer, Northwestern University, 1994
- American Association of University Publishers, Honorable Mention for Best Book in Sociology and
- Anthropology for Reading National Geographic, 1993
- Ford Foundation Lecturer, University of Chicago, 1991
- The Bases of Empire: The Global Struggle against US Military Posts (ed.). London: Pluto Press (with The Transnational Institute), 2008, in press. (review by Joan Roelofs)
- Local Democracy under Siege: Activism, Public Interests, and Private Politics (with Dorothy Holland, Donald Nonini, Marla Frederick, Thaddeus Guldbrandsen, Enrique Murillo, and Lesley Bartlett). New York: New York University Press, 2007.
- Homefront: A Military City and the American 20th Century. Boston: Beacon Press (with photographs by elin o’Hara slavick), 2001.
- Reading National Geographic (with Jane Collins). Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1993.
- Full Metal Jacket: The Car, US Cultures, and their Contradictions. In preparation (with Anne Fernandez-Carol).
- Breaking Ranks: Iraq War Veterans Speak Out Against the War. In preparation (with Matthew Gutmann).