CASMII—Campaign Against Sanctions and Military Interventions in Iran—was founded December 1, 2005, at a meeting in London as "an independent campaign organisation with the purpose of opposing sanctions, foreign state interference and military intervention in Iran," its website states.
Board of Directors:
- Niki Akhavan
- Abbas Edalat
- Foaad Khosmood
- Alexander Patico
- Daniel Pourkesali
- Rostam Pourzal
- Ali Rabi
- Nader Sadeghi
- Reza Shirazi
The following are listed as members of the CASMII Advisory Board:
- Dr. Mohammad Ala, founder and Board Member of Iran Heritage and Iran Alliance Online
- Mr. Javad Fakharzadeh, founder and Board Member of Persian Gulf Online
- Ms. Betty Molchany, J.D., former attorney with American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee (ADC)
- Mr. Shahram Mostarshed, "an anti-war activist who has been involved in several campaigns in the past decade, including Iranians for International Cooperation (IIC) and the Persian Gulf Task Force (PGTF)."
- Dr. Behrad Nakhai, Ph.D., a "prominent Iranian nuclear engineer who worked as a research scientist at Oak Ridge National Laboratory and is currently conducting Nuclear Safety Analysis. His writings have been featured at Open Democracy."
Related SourceWatch articles
- About, CampaignIran.org.
- Rostam Pourzal, "AEI & Freedom's Watch Seek $200 Million to Sell War on Iran," CASMII, November 22, 2007.