"Chair, Movement for the Abolition of War.
"In 1929 first became involved with the International peace movement in 1958 through his work with Pax Christi in Britain.
"He was ordained as a catholic priest in 1958 and retired from the active ministry in 1987. He has at various times been the General Secretary and Chairperson of the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament, President of Abolition 2000 UK and of the London Region of the United Nations Association, Chairperson of the Culture of Peace Committee and of the British overseas development agency War on Want. He is a member of Amnesty, Compassion in World Farming, the Campaign to Free Vanunu, and many other organisations. Publications include Building the Global Villiage (Harper Collins 1991) and Undiscovered Ends (Harper Collins 1992)." 
- Former President (1985- 1992), International Peace Bureau
- Oxford Research Group: Associates
- Patron, Kurdish Human Rights Project
- Patron, Arms Reduction Coalition
Resources and articles
- Home, Arms Reduction Coalition, accessed January 16, 2011.