Brian Swift, now with Resolution Strategies, worked in Illinois as a political consultant for the Bush campaign for U.S. presidential election, 2004 and for Iraqex (renamed Lincoln Group) in Iraq. 
Iraqex (a.k.a. Lincoln Group)
- "Word Warriors," a February 4, 2005,  "article in The Chicago Tribune's youth-oriented RedEye (via Nexis), reported on a couple of local Bush-Cheney '04/G.O.P. staffers heading to Iraq to work with Iraqex, the company that in March 2005 rebranded itself as The Lincoln Group. ...
- "Blessing said they're there to support the multinational public affairs office in Iraq, tasked with getting the office's message of positive change out to the Iraqi people through the local media and other methods."
According to his Resolution Strategies' biographical profile,
- "Drawing from over 20 years of experience working on behalf of high level public officials and private sector clients in government, public relations, marketing, and business development, Swift has demonstrated creative and flexible problem solving capabilities in dynamic and highly volatile situations, including, most recently, Iraq where he managed a staff of expatriates and local Iraqi assets, and focus on many operational, logistical and business development activities.
- "Swift also served as project manager and director of media for contracts awarded by the Department of Defense and the Iraqi Reconstruction Management Office, working closely with the coalition Information Operations and Psychological Operations divisions to provide strategic support to the command’s mission.
- "Previously, Swift was director of Northern Michigan operations for Governor John Engler, representing the governor with local governments, the media, business and voters. Earlier Swift served as the Governor’s director for global business development for the Michigan Economic Development Corporation. There he created a plan to help bring local communities and companies together to stimulate job creation and economic growth. During this period of time, Michigan led the nation in attracting more new business than any other State in the nation for three consecutive years.
- "Swift has a Master's degree in Public Administration from Northern Michigan University, and a Bachelor of Science degree in psychology from Michigan State University. He holds a current secret clearance and a weapons card from the US Embassy in Baghdad."
Related SourceWatch Resources
- Combined Press Information Center
- fake news
- Information Operations Task Force
- Iraqi Media Engagement Team
- war propaganda
- Bilmon, "Blowback," Whiskey Bar, June 12, 2005.
- Garance Franke-Ruta, "The Lincoln Group's Partisan Staffers," TAPPED, November 30, 2005.
- "Lincoln Group Staffed by Conservative Political Operatives," The Progress Report, December 1, 2005.