Brazil's oil industry
"Brazil is on its way to becoming one of the main international poles for the exploration and production of petroleum," the World Petroleum Council projected in April 2002. "According to data supplied by Brazil's National Oil Industry Organisation (Onip), over the coming ten years the domestic petroleum industry ought to take a significant share of the sector's international investments, or roughly US$ 100 billion, 85 per cent of which [is] to be applied in the oil segment."
- National Petroleum Agency (ANP)
- Oil MS Brazil
- Petroleo Brasileiro SA (Petrobras) (state-owned oil and gas company); See Petrobras in the Wikipedia.
- Repsol YPF (Spain - Brazil/Argentina)
Related SourceWatch Resources
- Brazil, CIA Fact Book (last updated March 29, 2006).
- "Unocal unit acquires interest in proved Brazil oil, gas offshore properties," Unocal, June 29, 2000.
- Press Release: "Brazil's oil sector will attract US$ 100 billion in investments by 2012," World Petroleum Council, April 9, 2002.
- Carlos H.L. Bruhn, "How Much Oil and Gas from Deepwater? The Experience of Brazil," Petrobras E&P, 2005.
- "Brazil oil co. buys 10 exploration areas," Associated Press (BusinessWeek), March 21, 2005.
- Bernd Radowitz, "Brazil oil block auction draws record interest," Dow Jones Newswires (Alexander's Oil & Gas Connection), October 11, 2005.
- Alexandre Rocha, "Brazil develops new technology for oil extraction," ANBA.com, November 10, 2005.
- "Oil company Petrobras invests bringing Brazil closer to oil self sufficiency," Agência Brasil (ANBA.com), December 13, 2005.
- "Shell Says Brazil Oil Sites Are Viable," Associated Press (WJLA ABC News 7), December 26, 2005.
- "Chevron has stake in new Brazil oil find," San Francisco Business Times (San Francisco Business Journal), December 29, 2005.
- "Brazil's Oil Hub Gets State-of-Art Medical Support from Great Britain," BrazzilMag.com, January 31, 2006.
- "Oil MS Brazil invites Zarubezhneft to develop Brazil oil fields," RIA Novosti (Russia), April 5, 2006.