Björn Stigson "amassed extensive experience in international business before becoming President of the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD). He is also a "councillor" of the Copenhagen Climate Council.
"He began his career as Financial Analyst with the Swedish Kockums Group. From 1971-82,he worked for ESAB, an international supplier of welding equipment, in different positions, being responsible for finance, operations and marketing.
"In 1983 he became President and CEO of the Fläkt Group, a company listed on the Stockholm stock exchange and the world leader in environmental control technology.
"Following the acquisition of Fläkt by ABB, in 1991 he became Executive Vice President and a member of ABB Asea Brown Boveri’s Executive Management Group.
"From 1993-94 he ran his own management consultancy.
"In 1995 he was appointed President of the WBCSD, a coalition of some 200 leading international corporations.
"He now serves on the boards of or on committees advising the Chinese government, the Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes, the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University, the Clinton Global Initiative and the Global Reporting Initiative." 
- Advisory Board, Global Public Policy Institute 
- Director, Global Reporting Initiative 
- Advisory Council, LEAD International 
Resources and articles
- About Björn Stigson, World Business Council for Sustainable Development, accessed September 25, 2007.
- GPPi Advisory Board, Global Public Policy Institute, accessed September 25, 2007.
- Directors, Global Reporting Initiative, accessed May 11, 2008.
- Advisory Council, LEAD International, accessed April 22, 2009.