Banten Lontar power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Indonesia and coal|
Banten Lontar power station, also known as PLTU Lontar, is a newly completed 945-megawatt (MW) coal-fired station in Banten Province, Indonesia. An additional 315 MW is under development.
The map below shows the location of the Banten Lontar power station.
Background on Plant
According to the Indonesia Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources, all three units of the plant are operating. The cost of the plant's development was $805 million and was built by "a consortium that included Chinese power equipment giant Dongfang Electric Corp. and Dalle Energy."
According to an article in Diesel and Gas Journal Worldwide, Toshiba is planning to deliver an ultra-supercritical generator for a new unit at Banten Lontar that will enter commercial operation in 2019. It has been permitted.
In June 2016 Indonesia’s President Joko Widodo officiated the groundbreaking of the new unit.
In November 2016, it was reported that PLN was set to start construction, with completion targeted in three and a half years. This implies a completion date of 2020. In March 2019 construction was reported to be at 87.86%. In May 2019 it was reported that Unit 4 would be commissioned in September 2019.
- Sponsor: Perusahaan Listrik Negara (PLN)
- Parent company: PT PLN Persero
- Location: Kec Kemiri, Tangerang, Banten, Indonesia
- Coordinates: -6.0588745, 106.4643002 (exact)
- Gross Capacity: Units 1-3: 945 MW (3 units x 315 MW); Unit 4: 315 MW
- Type: Units 1-3: Subcritical; Unit 4: Ultra-supercritical
- Start date: Units 1-3: 2012; Unit 4: 2019
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "Indonesia’s PLN to Operate 3 New Coal-Fired Plants" Jakarta Globe, December 28, 2011.
- “Electricity Policy Development & Investment Opportunity in Indonesia,” presentation by Ministry Energy and Mineral Resources, Directorate General of Electricity, March 2014
- "Indonesia Inaugurates Three Coal Plants" Sonal Patel, Power, February 1, 2012.
- "Toshiba Delivering Steam Turbine And Generator For Power Plant Expansion," Diesel and Gas Journal Worldwide, April 11, 2016
- “Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik, PT PLN (Persero), 2016-2025,” Kementerian Energi Dan Sumber Daya Mineral, June 2016
- "PLN kicks of construction of Lontar power plant unit IV," Rambu Energy, June 10, 2016
- "PLN Gears up for construction of Lontar Power Plant," PT MY EXPOS KREASI INDONESIA, November 22, 2016
- PLTU Jawa 7 Beroperasi Lebih Cepat, PLN Bisa Hemat Rp 1 Triliun, Katadata, Mar. 29, 2019
- Menengok Pembangunan PLTU Lontar 4 yang Rampung September 2019, Kumparan, Mar. 29, 2019