Professor Antony Trewavas is one of the UK's most strident supporters of GM agriculture, and critics of organic agriculture. He makes frequent appearances in the media.
He played a leading role in Nature's unprecented withdrawal of a published paper on GM maize in November 2001.
- Professor of Plant Biochemistry at the University of Edinburgh
- Scientific Alliance advisory board
- on Governing Council of John Innes Centre
- Fellow of Royal Society
- Fellow of Royal Society of Edinburgh
- Witness on Scottish Parliament Health and Community Care Committee
- Member of UK govt Advisory Committee on Genetic Modification
- Anna Salleh, "Mexican Maize Madness", ABC online, July 4, 2001.
- Trewavas, the Royal Society, the UK Government, and why ANYTHING GOES!, Norfolk Genetic Information Network, accessed Dec 2003
- John Innes Governing Council Members, JIC Website, accessed Dec 2003
- Register of ACGM member's interests, UK Govt Health and Safety Executive website, Dec 2003