Prof. Dr. Alexander Likhotal is Professor at the Geneva School of Diplomacy and International Relations, and the former President of Green Cross International... In 1991, he was appointed Deputy Spokesman and Advisor to the President of the USSR, Mikhail Gorbachev. After Mr. Gorbachev’s resignation, Professor Likhotal served as his advisor and spokesman at the Gorbachev Foundation. He is also a member of the Boards of Trustees of the Bibliotheca Alexandrina and of the World Academy of Art and Science, of the Club of Rome Executive Committee, and serves as adviser to the Club of Madrid. 
"President and CEO of Green Cross International since 1996, Alexander Likhotal was born in Moscow, 1950.
"PhD in Political Science in History from Moscow Institute of International Relations (1972), Mr. Likhotal started his academic career as a lecturer at the Moscow State Institute for International Affairs, and later became senior research fellow at the Diplomatic Academy of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the USSR.
"In 1988 he became Professor of Political Science and International Relations at the Diplomatic Academy, and in the same year was appointed Vice-Rector.
"During the time of Gorbachev's perestroika, already being a well-known expert in European security, he became the Head of the European security desk at the International Department of the Central Committee for the Communist Party of the Soviet Union (top Soviet foreign policy co-ordination body), later becoming Head of the Consultants Group, adviser/speechwriter unit working directly for the Soviet leadership.
"In 1991 Mr. Likhotal was appointed Deputy Spokesman and Adviser to the President of the USSR. He remained with President Gorbachev (after his resignation) as his adviser and spokesman and worked at the Gorbachev Foundation as the International and Media Director.
"He was a visiting professor at the Northeastern University, Boston, USA (1996-1998), Research Associate at the institute of European Studies of the Russian Academy of Sciences in Moscow (1992 - 1997), and Associate Editor of Security Dialogue Journal, Oslo, Norway (1994-2000). He is the author of several books and numerous articles." 
- Executive Vice President, Gorbachev Foundation of North America 
- Council Member, Earth Charter International 
- Executive Committee, Club of Rome 
- Councillor, World Future Council 
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Staff, Green Cross International, accessed August 3, 2008.
- Gorbachev Foundation of North America Staff, organizational web page, accessed June 18, 2012.
- Council, Earth Charter, accessed February 17, 2009.
- Club of Rome Executive Committee, organizational web page, accessed April 12, 2012.
- World Future Council Councillors, organizational web page, accessed April 14, 2018.