Alan J Gross
This stub is a work-in-progress by the ScienceCorruption.com journalists's group. We are indexing the millions of documents stored at the San Francisco Uni's Legacy Tobacco Archive  With some entries you'll need to go to this site and type into the Search panel a (multi-digit) Bates number. You can search on names for other documents also. Send any corrections or additions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alan J Gross was a statistician who worked for the tobacco industry while maintaining a position at the Medical University of South Carolina.
Documents & Timeline
1990 Oct 11 (The Tobacco Institute's ETS Group in Action)
The Interstate Commerce Commission (ICC) is holding hearings on the banning of smoking on interstate buses. These are the scientific submission funded by the Tobacco Institute using the ETS Group listings of Philip Morris.
"Critical comments were filed by:"
- Salvatore R. DiNardi, Ph.D., PHRA Incorporated;
- Joseph L. Fleiss, Ph.D., of Columbia University School of Public Health and Alan J. Gross, Ph.D., of Medical University of South Carolina;
- Howard Goodfellow, Ph.D., and Susan Eyre, MHSc., of Goodfellow Consultants, Inc.;
- Gio B Gori, Director, Health Policy Center;
- Alan J. Gross, Ph.D., Medical University of South Carolina;
- Larry C. Holcomb, Ph.D., Vice President, Holcomb Environmental Services;
- Ronald D. Hood, Ph.D., University of Alabama,
- Raphael J. Witorsch, Ph.D., Medical College of Virginia, and Philip Witorsch, M.D., George Washington Unversity Medical Center;
- Alan W. Katzenstein, Katzenstein Associates;
- S. James Kilpatrick, Medical College of Virginia;
- Peter N. Lee M.A., Director, P.N. Lee Statistics and Computing Ltd.;
- Maurice E. LeVois, Ph.D., Environmental Health Resources, and Maxwell W. Layard, Ph.D., Layard Associates;
- Ted A. Loomis, M.D., Ph.D., Drill, Freiss, Hays, Loomis & Shaffer, Inc.;
- Joe Pedelty, M.Sc, Holcomb Environmental Services;
- Mark J. Reasor, Ph.D., West Virginia University and James A. Will, D.V.M., Ph.D.;
- Jarnail Singh, Ph.D., Stillman College;
- Paul Switzer, Ph.D., Stanford University;
- John A. Todhunter, Ph.D., FAIC, DABT, Science Regulatory Services International;
- David A. Weeks, M.D.;
- Lawrence M. Wexler, Ph.D., New York Medical College;
- Joseph M. Wu, Ph.D., New York Medical College.
- [Every one of the above was a life-long tobacco shill.] 
1992 Feb 12 In-house lawyer, Mary Ward, of RJ Reynolds has written to the ETS Executive Committee. Covington & Burling's (C&B) staff lawyer, Melinda Sidak, has provided the companies with an outline of the ASHRAE activities and they are trying to load up the IAQ standards committees with their lobbyists.
(Max) Layard, (Maurice) LeVois, (Alan J) Gross, and possibly (Philip) Witorsch will apply for membership 
- [ASHRAE = the American Society of Heating Refrigeration & Air-conditioning Engineers -- which effectively set worldwide standard -- and was therefore a primary target for tobacco influence.]
1994 Aug RJ Reynolds has obtained a large number of scientific C/Vs and all at the one time, and each has a comment/criticsm on an OSHA proposed rule making. They were obtained and filed together (see progression of codes)
- Gio Batta Gori, director, Health Policy Center  
- Alan J Gross, Statistician, Medical Uni South Carolina.  
- Paul Switzer at Standford Uni  
- Dwight R Lee, Economist Uni of Galverston  
- W Kip Viscusi, Economist, Duke Uni.  
- Lewis C Solmon, Milken Institute (UCLA)