180 Days For NY
|"URGENT: Extend the Comment Period to 180 Days!"
EDITORIAL BY WILLIAM HUSTON:
ACTION ITEM FOR ALL NYers:
Please call the DEC and Gov. Cuomo and ask that
1: the comment period for the latest SGEIS
be extended to 180 days, and that
2:there be extensive public hearings held around the state.
- DEC dept of Public Affairs and Communication: 518-402-8044
- Gov. Cuomo's office: 518-474-8390
PLEASE MAKE THIS CALL...
"Extend the SGEIS public comment period to 180 days
and hold EXTENSIVE public hearings."
- More info: http://williamahuston.blogspot.com/2011/07/urgent-28-july-2011-extend-public.html
- Movement is building! On Aug 15, 76 Groups and state legislators signed a letter to Gov. Cuomo calling for 180 days. See: http://www.pressconnects.com/article/20110815/NEWS01/108150348/Extended-review-hydrofracking-sought
- Here is the letter: http://tinyurl.com/76GroupsAskFor180Days
- 32 NY Reps ask for 180 Days: http://tinyurl.com/32NYRepsAskFor180Days