Titus Generating Station
On February 29, 2012, GenOn Energy said it will close seven of its coal generating stations by 2015, citing impending environmental regulations. This included Titus, with a proposed closure date of April 2015.
- Owner: Reliant Energy Mid-Atlantic PH
- Parent Company: Reliant Energy
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 225 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 75 MW (1951), 75 MW (1951), 75 MW (1953)
- Location: 296 Poplar Neck Rd., Birdsboro, PA 19508
- GPS Coordinates: 40.300044, -75.903269
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- 2006 CO2 Emissions: 1,481,640 tons
- 2006 SO2 Emissions:
- 2006 SO2 Emissions per MWh:
- 2006 NOx Emissions:
- 2005 Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- ↑ "GenOn Looking to Cut Generating Capacity … Shawville Plant in the Crosshairs," GantDaily.com, Feb. 29, 2012.
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
Related SourceWatch Articles
- Existing U.S. Coal Plants
- Pennsylvania and coal
- Reliant Energy
- United States and coal
- Global warming
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|