The Oath Keepers
The Oath Keepers is a pro-states-rights/state sovereignty group that urges law enforcement officers to take an oath not to obey orders that they believe defy the U.S. Constitution. The orders are as follows:
1. We will NOT obey orders to disarm the American people.
2. We will NOT obey orders to conduct warrantless searches of the American people
3. We will NOT obey orders to detain American citizens as “unlawful enemy combatants” or to subject them to military tribunal.
4. We will NOT obey orders to impose martial law or a “state of emergency” on a state.
5. We will NOT obey orders to invade and subjugate any state that asserts its sovereignty.
6. We will NOT obey any order to blockade American cities, thus turning them into giant concentration camps.
7. We will NOT obey any order to force American citizens into any form of detention camps under any pretext.
8. We will NOT obey orders to assist or support the use of any foreign troops on U.S. soil against the American people to “keep the peace” or to “maintain control.”
9. We will NOT obey any orders to confiscate the property of the American people, including food and other essential supplies.
10.We will NOT obey any orders which infringe on the right of the people to free speech, to peaceably assemble, and to petition their government for a redress of grievances.
- Kurt Nimmo, "Matthews, SPLC Propaganda Minister Gang Up On Oath Keepers," Infowars, October 22, 2009. (Southern Poverty Law Center)
- David Spero, "Don’t Fear the Right: They Are Potential Class Allies'", Dissident Voice, July 15th, 2010