John R. Bolton: External Links: Speeches & Commentary
This article is part of the Center for Media & Democracy's focus on the fallout of nuclear "spin."
The following are External Links for Speeches & Commentary by John R. Bolton.
- U.S. Department of State Speeches by John R. Bolton, including some listed below.
- "U.S. Isn't Legally Obligated to Pay the U.N.," Wall Street Journal, November 17, 1997.
- "The U.N. Rewards Saddam," The Weekly Standard, December 15, 1997.
- "Welcome Back, Taiwan," New Jersey Law Journal, June 29, 1998.
- "Saddam Wins," The Weekly Standard, August 24, 1998.
- "National Security & Foreign Policy. The Trouble with Universal Jurisdiction," American Enterprise Institute, March 1999.
- "Kofi Annan's UN Power Grab", The Weekly Standard, October 1999.
- "The US Needs to Rethink Its Role," Taipei Times, October 3, 1999.
- "Flaws Undermine Concept. World Court Would Be Ineffective, Threaten U.S. Powers," American Enterprise Institute, January 18, 2000.
- "Beijing's threats a real blunder," Taipei Times, March 5, 2000.
- "Bring Back the Laxalt Doctrine," Policy Review Online, August 2000.
- "Should We Take Global Governance Seriously?", Chicago Journal of International Law, Fall 2000.
- "Unsign That Treaty," Washington Post, January 4, 2001.
- "The Risks and Weaknesses of the International Criminal Court from America's Perspective," 64 Law & Contemp. Probs. 167 (Winter 2001), page 167.
- "The International Aspects of Terrorism and Weapons of Mass Destruction," Second Global Conference on Nuclear, Bio/Chem Terrorism: Mitigation and Response, Hudson Institute, November 1, 2001.
- "Beyond the Axis of Evil: Additional Threats from Weapons of Mass Destruction," Heritage Foundation, May 6, 2002.
- Hearing: U.S. Nonproliferation Policy after Iraq, House of Representatives, Committee on International Relations, June 3, 2003.
- "A Dictatorship at the Crossroads," U.S. Department of State, July 31, 2003.
- "Proliferation Security Initiative: Statement of Interdiction Principles," Remarks at Proliferation Security Initiative Meeting, Paris, France, September 4, 2003.
- Testimony before the House International Relations Committee, Subcommittee on the Middle East and Central Asia, September 16, 2003.
- "Syrian Axis of Terror," U.S. Department of State, September 18, 2003.
- "The New World After Iraq: The Continuing Threat of Weapons of Mass Destruction," Remarks to the Bruges Group, London, United Kingdom, October 30, 2003.
- "The Continuing Threat of Weapons of Mass Destruction," Remarks at the American Spectator Dinner, Washington, DC, November 12, 2003. Scroll down to section on Iran.
- "Bolton Confident Proliferation Security Initiative Is Legitimate. Says PSI will be 'extremely efficient' effort against WMD,", U.S. Department of State, November 13, 2003.
- "Nuclear Weapons and Rogue States: Challenge and Response," Remarks to the Conference of the Institute for Foreign Policy Analysis and the Fletcher School’s International Security Studies Program, Washington, DC, December 2, 2003.
- "The Bush Administration and Nonproliferation: A New Strategy Emerges," Panel I of A Hearing of the House Committee on International Relations, Washington, DC, March 30, 2004. Opening Remarks: "The Bush Administration’s Nonproliferation Policy: Successes and Future Challenges."
- "Bolton Says Proliferation of WMD Becoming Riskier," U.S. Department of State Press Release, March 31, 2004: "Threat has not been eliminated despite progress, he says."
- "The NPT: A Crisis of Non-Compliance," Statement to the Third Session of the Preparatory Committee for the 2005 Review Conference of the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons, New York City, April 27, 2004.
- Lecture: "International Security Issues, Arms Control Matters, and Non-Proliferation," Baltimore Council on Foreign Affairs, May 25, 2004.
- Press Conference on the Proliferation Security Initiative, U.S. Consulate General in Krakow, Krakow, Poland, May 31, 2004; Bolton's Remarks: "The Proliferation Security Initiative: A Vision Becomes Reality."
- "The Bush Administration’s Forward Strategy For Nonproliferation," Address to the American Enterprise Institute, Washington, DC, June 24, 2004.
- "Speedy North Korean Nuclear Dismantlement Possible, Bolton Says," U.S. Department of State, July 23, 2004: "North Korea could improve international relations by ending nuclear programs."
- "Preventing Iran from Acquiring Nuclear Weapons," Hudson Institute, August 17, 2004.
- "A Turning Point? George W. Bush, John Kerry and American Policy toward Iran," Keynote Address, Hudson Institute, August 17, 2004. [broken link].
- G-8 Senior Group Meeting On WMDs, Press Conference at the U.S. Mission to the United Nations, Geneva, Switzerland, September 10, 2004.
- "An All-Out War on Proliferation," U.S. Mission to NATO, September 10, 2004.
- John Bolton, "The International Atomic Energy Agency: The World's Enforcer or Paper Tiger?", American Enterprise Institute, September 28, 2004. (Transcript).
- "The Bush Administration’s Forward Strategy For Nonproliferation," Remarks to the Chicago Council on Foreign Relations, Chicago, IL, October 19, 2004.
- "Stopping the Spread of Weapons of Mass Destruction in the Asian-Pacific Region: The Role of the Proliferation Security Initiative," Tokyo American Center, Field Program Design, Tokyo, Japan, October 27, 2004.
- "Coordinating Allied Approaches to China," Remarks Co-Sponsored by the Tokyo American Center and the Japan Institute for International Affairs, Tokyo, Japan, February 7, 2005.
- Press Roundtable with Japanese Media, U.S. Embassy, Tokyo, Japan, February 10, 2005.