World Affairs Council, Washington, DC
According to the organization's web site:
- The World Affairs Council, "founded in 1980, is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, 501(c)3 organization with 2,000 Washington area members. Additional financial support comes from foundations and corporations. The Council is an affiliate of the Foreign Policy Association in New York and is part of a national network of World Affairs Council located in such metropolitan areas as Boston, Philadelphia, Chicago, Dallas and San Francisco.
- "The Council offers its members and their guests monthly lecture-style programs featuring prominent speakers from both the U.S. and abroad. There are also special events for the Young Professional, Young Diplomats, Sustaining and Corporate Members.
- "Through the educational outreach of the International Project for Educators, the Council offers workshops for teachers, student leadership forums, a student overseas study tour, and an intensive summer institute, co-sponsored with George Washington University's Elliott School of International Affairs." 
From 1983 to 1986 Peter Tarnoff was executive director of the World Affairs Council.
Board of Directors
Members of the Board of Directors, as of July 2007, were: 
- Honorary Chairman - Anthony A. Wiliams - Mayor, District of Colombia
- Robert D. Bauerlein - The Boeing Company
- Robert J. Berry
- Julia Chang Block
- David D. Bosch - Aramco Services Company
- Diana Lady Dougan - Cyber Century Forum
- Chas. W. Freeman, Jr. - Projects International, Inc.
- R. Michael Gadbaw - General Electric Company
- Carl J. Green - Hitachi, Ltd.
- Patrick W. Gross - The Lovell Group
- Michael Haltzel - DLA Piper
- Richard G. Kirkland - Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Franklin D. Kramer - Changing World Technologies
- Noel V. Lateef (Ex Officio) Foreign Policy Association
- Michael C. Maibach
- Lois H. Mares
- Leonard H. Marks - Cohn & Marks
- Richard P. Merski - American International Group
- Philip A. Odeen
- Katherine D. Ortega
- William T. Pryce
- Sanjay Puri - Optimos, Inc.
- Thomas J. Reckford - Reckford Associates
- Helmut Sonnenfeldt - The Brookings Institution
- William S. Stokes IV - EndeavorConnect LLC
- Ulrich Werner - SAP America, Inc.
- Togo D. West, Jr. - Covington & Burling
- Wesley S. Williams, Jr. - Covington & Burling
- Howard E. Woolley - Verizon Wireless
- R. James Woolsey - Booz Allen Hamilton
Members of the Board of Directors, as of July 2003, were: 
- Dr. Prakash Ambegaonkar, Bridging Nations Foundation
- Robert D. Bauerlein, The Boeing Company
- Robert J. Berry, Bank of America
- David D. Bosch, Aramco Services Company
- Hon. Diana Lady Dougan, Cyber Century Forum
- Hon. Charles W. Freeman, Jr., Projects International, Inc.
- R. Michael Gadbaw, General Electric Company
- Carl J. Green, Hitachi, Ltd.
- Patrick W. Gross, The Lovell Group
- Dr. Michael Haltzel, Senate Foreign Relations Committee
- Kelly H. Johnson, International Finance Corporation
- Richard G. Kirkland, Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Hon. Franklin D. Kramer, Changing World Technologies
- Noel V. Lateef (Ex Officio), Foreign Policy Association
- Richard L. LePere, Richard L. LePere, Inc.
- Michael C. Maibach, European-American Business Council
- Lois H. Mares
- Hon. Leonard H. Marks, Cohn & Marks
- Richard P. Merski, American International Group
- Philip A. Odeen
- Hon. Katherine D. Ortega
- Dr. Pamela Day Pelletreau, American University
- Hon. William T. Pryce
- Sanjay Puri, Optimos, Inc.
- Thomas J. Reckford, Reckford Associates
- Esther Smith, Qorvis Communications
- Helmut Sonnenfeldt, The Brookings Institution
- Ulrich G. J. Werner, SAP America, Inc.
- Hon. Togo D. West, Jr., Covington & Burling
- Anthony A. Williams, Mayor, District of Colombia, Honorary Chairman
- Wesley S. Williams, Jr., Covington & Burling
- Howard E. Woolley, Verizon Wireless
- Hon. R. James Woolsey, Jr., Booz Allen Hamilton
World Affairs Council of Washington, DC
1800 K Str. NW, Suite 1014
Washington, D.C. 20006
Tel : 202.293.1051
Fax : 202.293.3467
Email : clee AT worldaffairsdc.org