"Vladimir Maykov, Ph.D. is a pioneer of transpersonal studies in Russia. He was one of the first Soviet teachers of transpersonal psychology and since 1990, he has developed and taught more than 10 training programs in transpersonal therapy. "  bio
"Alongside with his official education he got involved in 1980 into transpersonal studies in the under-ground Moscow group Kontext under the leadership of Vitalii Mikheikin (1938–1990). The members of the group translated for Samizdat the books by John Lilly, Carlos Castaneda, Ram Dass, Chögyam Trungpa and Stanislav Grof and “learned spiritual and transpersonal practices..
"In the spring of 1990, Maikov with some of his friends founded the Russian Association of Humanistic Psychology and became the vice-president of its transpersonal section.” from them... In the summer of 1990, Maikov went to the United States and visited the major centers of TP there. The close cooperation between Americans and Russians resulted in two conferences in 1991 and 1992. The American side was represented by the well known Saybrook Graduate School and Research Center in San Francisco. It was at this time that Maikov began to take holotropic breathwork lessons under the guidance of Stanislav and Christina Grof and became a certified instructor of this transpersonal discipline." (p.374)
"In the end of the 1990s Vladimir Maikov, Andrei Gostev, Evgenii Faidysh and Nikolai Kudriashev trained a group of ten transpersonal psychologists at the “College of Psychology” in the “Institute of Psychology” of the Russian Academy of Sciences. They became the first students who got higher TP educa-tion in Russia. In the spring of 2002 groups of TP followers in Moscow, St. Pe-tersburg, Iaroslavl', Novosibirsk, Taganrog and Rostov-on-the-Don decided to found their professional association. In May 2002, the constituent conference of the Association for Transpersonal Psychology and Psychotherapy (ATPP) took place." (p.377) 
- Ubiquity University's Vice President for Russia and CIS.
- Chair of Transpersonal Psychology at the Moscow Institute of Psychoanalysis.
- Founding Member and President of the Russian Association for Transpersonal Psychology and Psychotherapy.
- Founder of an international publishing project to publish transpersonal psychology texts in *Russian and has edited about 70 books for this project.
- Author of 4 books about transpersonal psychology.
- Founder of Transpersonal Project: International open transpersonal video and media archive. 
He writes in the The International Journal of Transpersonal Studies, 2005, Volume 24:
- "In addition to Russian Christianity, there is the Russian religious philosophy of N. Berdyaev and L. Schestov, the theosophy of E.P. Blavatsky, the anthroposophy of R. Steiner, the existentialist writings of authors such as L. Tolstoy and F. Dostoevsky, the Fourth
Way of G.I. Gurdjieff, and the tradition of Russian cosmism of such visionaries as S.N. Fyodorov, K.E. Tsilokovsky, and academician V. Vertnadsky. Together these inform the modern transpersonal project in Russia." 
The Dance of Infinity
The Dance of Infinity is a documentary director by Maykov.
Russian characters include:
- Eduard Sagalaev (President of Russian National Association of TV broadcasters)
- Stas Namin
- Arkadiy Rovner
- Sergey Moskalev
- Hegemon Evmeniy Peristiy
- Elder Leonty
International characters include:
- Chogyal Namkhai Norbu (Dzogchen master)
Resources and articles
- Victor Makarov 
- Stanislav Grof
- Angela M. Thompson  - in 1993 moved from PEAR to the Bigelow Foundation