Troop surge in Iraq/external articles 2007 - Part 2
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article is part of SourceWatch and Congresspedia coverage of the |
Bush administration's war in Iraq
The following are external articles starting May 2007 related to the main article troop surge in Iraq (McCain doctrine).
- Stewart M. Powell, "Second Iraq 'surge' quieter. No televised announcement, but more troops deploy just the same," Hearst Newspapers (The News Tribune), May 22, 2007.
- Media Lens, "The Surge - BBC’s Mark Urban And The Independent’s Adrian Hamilton On Iraq," Atlantic Free Press (Netherlands), May 22, 2007.
- John Aravosis, "Tony Snow: We're staying in Iraq 50 years ," AMERICAblog, May 31, 2007.
- John Aravosis, "Petraeus has already decided he's going to call the surge a success in September," AMERICAblog, June 1, 2007. Note that the ABC News article now differs from that posted by AMERICAblog on June 1st.
- Mary Bruce, "Murtha: U.S. in Iraq Inspired JFK Plot. Rep. John Murtha, D-Pa., Ties War in Iraq to Homegrown Terrorism," ABC News, June 3, 2007.
- John Aravosis, "Surge not going well, US commanders in Iraq say," AMERICAblog, June 3, 2007.
- David S. Cloud and Damien Cave, "Commanders Say Push in Baghdad Is Short of Goal," New York Times, June 4, 2007.
- Amanda Terkel, "Petraeus: ‘We Haven’t Started The Surge Yet’," Think Progress, June 5, 2007.
- Andrew Gray, "U.S. says all Iraq reinforcements now in place," Reuters AlertNet, June 15, 2007.
- Nico Pitney, "Giuliani Signals Support For Second Escalation Of U.S. Forces To Iraq," Think Progress, June 15, 2007.
- Karina, "Escalation at Six Months," The Gavel (Speaker's) Blog, July 10, 2007.
- Mike Allen, "Bush report to claim progress on Iraq," The Politico, July 11, 2007.
- Nancy A. Youssef, "Few Iraq benchmarks have been met, McClatchy analysis shows," McClatchy Newspapers, July 11, 2007.
- Jonathan S. Landay and Nancy A. Youssef, "New U.S. intelligence assessment casts doubts on Bush's Iraq policy," McClatchy Newspapers, July 11, 2007.
- Karen DeYoung and Peter Baker, "White House Gives Iraq Mixed Marks in Report. Assessment of Progress Is to Be Released Today," Washington Post, July 12, 2007.
- Robin Wright, "White House Isn't Backing Iraq Study Group Follow-Up," Washington Post, July 12, 2007. re Iraq Study Group
- "White House To Give Mixed Review On Iraq. Assessment To Lawmakers Comes As More Republicans Losing Patience With War," CBS News/Associated Press, July 12, 2007.
- David Jackson, "Iraq progress report shows 'mixed results'," USA TODAY, July 12, 2007.
- Paul Richter, "Administration foiled by own Iraq goals. The failure to prod Baghdad with a list of benchmarks has aided foes of the war in Congress and enemies in the field, officials say," Los Angeles Times, July 12, 2007.
- Ryan Powers, "FACT CHECK: Bush’s Claims Of ‘Satisfactory Performance’ In Iraq Debunked," Think Progress, July 12, 2007.
- Karen DeYoung and Thomas E. Ricks, "Exit Strategies. Would Iran Take Over Iraq? Would Al-Qaeda? The Debate About How and When to Leave Centers on What Might Happen After the U.S. Goes," Washington Post, July 17, 2007.
- Dan Reilly, "Crocker's remarks steam Democrats," The Crypt's Blog/The Politico, July 19, 2007.
- Julian E. Barnes and Paul Richter, "U.S. military wants new date to assess buildup: November," Los Angeles Times, July 20, 2007.
- Tom Shanker and David S. Cloud, "U.S. Generals Request Delay in Judging Iraq," New York Times, July 20, 2007.
- Karen DeYoung, "Iraq Report Boils Down to Competing Time Demands," Washington Post, July 20, 2007.
- Chris Cillizza, "Parsing the Polls: Who Really Supports Withdrawal?" The Fix Blog/Washington Post, July 25, 2007. See Washington Post/ABC News poll.
- Edward Epstein, "House votes to bar bases in Iraq. Dems use 7th such action to press GOP to end war support," San Francisco Chronicle, July 26, 2007.
- "Escalation Architect Says Calling The Army Broken ‘Is One Of The Most Offensive Statements To Make’," Think Progress, July 27, 2007.
- Paul Beddard, "Hints on When Troops Come Home," Washington Whispers/U.S. News & World Report, July 29, 2007.
- "Big U.S. presence in Iraq until mid-2009: commander," Reuters (Common Dreams), July 30, 2007.
- Chris Hedges, "Beyond Disaster," Truthdig, August 6, 2007.
- Jordan Grossman, "After Four Years of Certainty, McCain ‘Not Positive We Can Win’ In Iraq," Think Progress, August 8, 2007.
- John Aravosis, "Dear General Petraeus, stop lying about the 'surge' - it has nothing to do with Al Anbar province and you know it," AMERICAblog, August 11, 2007.
- Satyam Khanna, "REPORT: 68 Percent Of Foreign Policy Experts Favor Redeployment From Iraq," Think Progress, August 20, 2007.
- Faiz Shakir, "Levin: Escalation’s Goals Have ‘Totally And Utterly Failed,’ Begin Withdrawal In Less Than 4 Months," Think Progress, August 20, 2007.
- Daniel W. Reilly, "Senators give surge mixed reviews," The Politico, August 20, 2007.