The Bush Theocracy: External Links 2004
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The following are External Links related to The Bush Theocracy for the year 2004.
- Scott Ritter, Confronting the Theocracy of Evil, AlterNet, February 5, 2004.
- Bill Berkowitz, "Slouching Toward Theocracy," WorkingForChange.com, February 6, 2004.
- Katherine Yurica, "The Despoiling of America. How George W. Bush became the head of the new American Dominionist Church/State," yuricareport.com, February 11, 2004. re Dominionism
- Katherine Yurica, "Dominionist Bill Limits the Supreme Court's Jurisdiction. The Constitution Restoration Act of 2004 and Now 2005," yuricareport.com, February 19, 2004.
- Duane Oldfield, "The Evangelical Roots of American Unilateralism," Foreign Policy in Focus, March 2004.
- Maureen Farrell, "'On a Mission From God': The Religious Right and the Emerging American Theocracy," BuzzFlash, March 9, 2004.
- "American Taliban plans theocracy - soon," MetaFilter.com, March 10, 2004.
- Chris Floyd, "Bush Law Would Convert America Into a Theocracy," Moscow Times, March 12, 2004.
- Alan Jacobs, "Apocalyptic president? How the left's fear of a right-wing Christian conspiracy gets George W. Bush -- and today's evangelical Christians -- all wrong," Boston Globe, April 4, 2004.
- Rick Perlstein, "The Jesus Landing Pad. Bush White House checked with rapture Christians before latest Israel move," Village Voice, May 18, 2004.
- "Dr. George Grant Promotes Christian Doctrine in Education," The Christian Post, June 7, 2004.
- David D. Kirkpatrick, "Bush is attempting to get Catholic bishops to push a Christian. Theocracy and push political agendas as GOD'S LAW," ariannaonline, June 12, 2004: President George W. Bush "Asked for Vatican's Help on Political Issues, Report Says."
- Roberto Lovato, "The Lack of a 'Vision Thing'," AlterNet, July 18, 2004: "Liberals and progressives don't know what they're up against with the militant evangelical movement."
- Mark Crispin Miller, "By Their Fruits Ye Shall Know Them," AlterNet, August 31, 2004.
- Derrick C. Jackson, "GOP's phone line to God," Boston Globe, September 8, 2004.
- Katherine Yurica, "Conquering by Stealth and Deception. How the Dominionists Are Succeeding in Their Quest for National Control and World Power," yuricareport.com, September 14, 2004: "Paul Weyrich’s Secret Manual on How to Win Politically."
- Alan Cooperman, "Openly Religious, to a Point. Bush Leaves the Specifics of His Faith to Speculation," Washington Post, September 16, 2004.
- Eric, "Left Behind?," Classical Values, September 16, 2004.
- Martin Engel, Book Review: "Subterranean homeland blues: Mark Crispin Miller's 'Cruel and Unusual: Bush/Cheney's New World Order'," Online Journal, September 24, 2004.
- Neal Gabler, "Karl Rove: America's Mullah. This election is about Rovism, and the outcome threatens to transform the U.S. into an ironfisted theocracy," Los Angeles Times, October 24, 2004.
- Albert Mohler, "Is President George W. Bush a Dangerous Theocrat?," Crosswalk, October 29, 2004.
- Rob Boston, "Inside The Christian Coalition. Religious Right Group Finds Americans United Obstacles Blocking Its ‘Road To Victory’," Americans United for Separation of Church and State, November 2004.
- Sidney Blumenthal, "Bush unbound. Winning on fear itself, the GOP is ready to take the country even farther right," Salon, November 3, 2004.
- Ted Olson, compiler, "Weblog Bonus: 'Bush Gets Mandate for Theocracy'," Christianity Today, November 3, 2004.
- Galiel's Diary, "Still Missing the Big Picture About This Election," Daily Kos, November 3, 2004.
- Dave Bacon, "Welcome to Theocracy," The Quantum Pontiff, November 4, 2004.
- "Theocracy in America: A Prelude. Theocrat Jerry Falwell has compared gay marriage to slavery," Now Playing blogspot, November 4, 2004.
- DT, "Six Ways to Save America," The Witlist, November 5, 2004: "Here are six ways to survive the Bush Theocracy."
- Deborah Ellsworth, "One Nation, Handcuffed Together," Minneapolis Star Tribune, November 6, 2004.
- Wendy E. Smith, "Can we save country from its leaders?," Seattle Post-Intelligencer, November 8, 2004.
- Michael Marriott, "A Bush Theocracy," The Marriott Chronicles Blogspot, November 8, 2004.
- Gary Hart, "When the Personal Shouldn't Be Political," New York Times, November 8, 2004.
- Michael P. Tremoglie, "The Invasion of the Theocrats," MensNewsDaily.com, November 9, 2004.
- "'Turning democracy into theocracy'. The press examine the role of religion in Bush's win," Guardian/UK, November 10, 2004.
- Deborah Caldwell, "David Barton & the 'Myth' of Church-State Separation. The Bush campaign has hired a controversial activist who calls the U.S. a 'Christian nation'," Beliefnet, [November] 2004.
- Barbara Ehrenreich, "The Faith Factor," The Nation, November 11, 2004.
- John Dougherty, "Dangerous Dance. Ominous storm clouds threaten to trample the Constitution and turn our republic into a theocracy," Phoenix New Times, November 11, 2004.
- Gene Edward Veith, "Taliban west? Liberals worry that President Bush's reelection will lead to an American theocracy," World Magazine, December 2004.
- "George Bush and God. A hot line to heaven," The Economist, December 16, 2004.
- Cole Walters, "New SAT Questions Replace Evolution with Creation," The Swift Report, December 16, 2004: "When a new version of the Scholastic Aptitude Test goes into effect this month, students attending schools in districts that have phased out the teaching of evolution will no longer be forced to answer questions about the controversial theory. Instead, they'll be tested on their knowledge about the six days in which God created the earth and the great flood that took place 4,300 years ago. ... New version of test to be administered in 'red' states of Georgia, Kansas."