Tempting Faith: An Inside Story of Political Seduction (2006 book)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Tempting Faith: An Inside Story of Political Seduction, written by David Kuo, was released October 16, 2006, by publisher Free Press (ISBN 0743287126).
Related SourceWatch Resources
- Compassionate Conservatism
- George W. Bush: Compassionate Conservative
- George W. Bush: The Culture War President
- Michael Gerson
- Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiatives
- Presidential Prayer Team
- religion and empire
- religious right
- The Bush Theocracy
- Bill Berkowaitz, "GAO report raises serious questions about Bush's Faith-Based Initiative", Media Transparency, August 2, 2006.
- Transcript, The Chris Matthews Show, October 8, 2006. See segment with Tucker Carlson: "It goes deeper than that though. The deep truth is that the elites in the Republican Party have pure contempt for the evangelicals who put their party in power. Everybody in... ... Because I know them. Because I grew up with them. Because I live with them. They live on my street. Because I live in Washington, and I know that everybody in our world has contempt for the evangelicals. And the evangelicals know that, and they're beginning to learn that their own leaders sort of look askance at them and don't share their values."
- John Aravosis, "Tucker Carlson: The Republicans hate evangelicals," AMERICAblog, October 10, 2006.
- Jonathan Larsen, "Exclusive: Book says Bush just using Christians. 'Tempting Faith' author David Kuo worked for Bush from 2001 to 2003," MSNBC, October 11, 2006. (Larsen is the producer of Keith Olbermann's Countdown.)
- John Amato, "Olbermann Exclusive: Dissecting new Book: Tempting Faith," Crooks and Liars, October 11, 2006.
- John Amato, "Tempting Faith: Christian Conservatives Duped by BushCo. Part II," Crooks and Liars, October 12, 2006. (WMV and QT formats).
- Steve Benen, "Ripping the mask off of Bush's 'faith-based' initiative," The Carpetbagger Report, October 12, 2006.