The following was removed from the main page of this article by CMD Staff for further review:
The Intelligence Summit (IS) is yet another grouping of hardline pro-Israel lobbyists/activists who seek to network intelligence/homeland security personnel to propagate pro-Israeli positions, to push the "global war on terror", push islamophobia, and to push the latest "ask" of the Israel Lobby, e.g., propaganda needed for the latest war in the Middle East. Judging by the website, IS was active from 2005 until 2009; the organization has been dormant since then although the list of principals has last been updated in May 2011.
This organization postures with lofty goals, e.g.:
- Welcome to the International Intelligence Summit™, a non-partisan, non-profit, neutral forum that uses private charitable funds to bring together intelligence agencies of the free world and the emerging democracies. At this past Summit a total of 31 foreign nations and entities were represented. The purpose of The Summit is to provide an opportunity for the international intelligence community to listen to and learn from each other, and to share ideas in the common war against terrorism. The Summit's Advisory Council includes some of the leading figures active in the field today.
The list of presenters at The Summit include many of the top leaders of the intelligence, espionage, counter-terrorism and counter-intelligence agencies from around the free world. The Summit is intended to be the most prestigious world conference on international studies, intelligence policy, terrorism, and homeland security.
The reality of this organization is that it brings together several key actors in other Israel Lobby organizations and former/active intelligence/military officers. "Former" Mossad officers are part of this equation. Judging by the topics covered at the summits, the purpose of the organization is to provide a forum to attempt to transform the ideological basis of the "global war against terrorism" into something coherent with some more defensible foundations.
Principals and Staff
|Principals: May 2011
|Robert Katz, Executive Director||John J. Loftus, President||Clare M. Lopez, Vice Presiden]|
|Norman A. Bailey||Thomas McInerney||Richard Marcinko|
|Paul E. Vallely|
|Louis Rene Beres||Yossef Bodansky||Brent Budowsky|
|Gordon Cucullu||Bill Cowan||Nonie Darwish|
|Jill Dekker||Rachel Ehrenfeld||Brigitte Gabriel|
|Yoram Hessel||Lee Kaplan||Bahukutumbi Raman|
|Tashbih Sayyed (Honorary)||Wayne Simmons||Thomas Smith|
|Talia Adar||Brent M.P. Beleskey||Eugene Lebovitz|
|Alex Porter||Carl Sontz|
|Brent M.P. Beleskey|
|Intelligence Summit: Home Page (Accessed: 26 February 2012)|
|Intelligence Summit: About Us (Accessed: 26 February 2012)|
Despite its impressive Advisory Panel and speaker's list several entrants have withdrawn their support for this conference in the past claiming the sponsor John Loftus’ credentials are not all they are cracked up to be.
The International Intelligence Summit is a fully authorized program International Holocaust Education Center, (IHEC), a nonprofit charity founded in 1995 by John Loftus.
- Website: www.intelligencesummit.org
- Intelligence Summit: About Us Accessed: 26 February 2012
- Debbie Schlussel, Saddam Tapes or Not, I WON'T Be @ the Intelligence Summit & Here's Why (CIA's Woolsey, Deutch Cancel, Too), 16 February 2006 (Accesse: 26 February 2012)
- Ron Jacobs, Kenneth Timmerman's Iranian "Democracy" and the "Intelligence" Summit