Sumut-2 power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Indonesia and coal|
Sumut-2 power station is a proposed 600-megawatt (MW) coal-fired station in North Sumatra Province, Indonesia.
The image below shows the approximate location of the project in North Sumatra Province.
Background on Plant
In the 2015-2024 PLN long-range supply plan, Sumut-2 power station is proposed for 2023/2024. In the 2017-2026 long-range plan it is scheduled for 2021/2022 and is described as an independent power project (IPP). In the 2018-2027 long-range plan both units are scheduled for 2021.
- Sponsor: PT PLN Persero
- Parent company: PT PLN Persero
- Location: North Sumatra
- Coordinates: 2.8881804, 99.9206543 (approximate)
- Status: Announced
- Gross Capacity: 2 x 300 MW
- Type: Subcritical
- Start date: 2021
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- “Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik, PT PLN (Persero), 2016-2025,” Kementerian Energi Dan Sumber Daya Mineral, June 2016
- Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik (RUPTL) 2017-2026, PT PLN Persero
- Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik (RUPTL) 2018-2027, PT PLN Persero, V-38