Sumut-1 power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Indonesia and coal|
Sumut-1 power station is a proposed 300-megawatt (MW) coal-fired station in North Sumatra Province, Indonesia. It is also referred to as Hamparan Perak PLTU and Paruh Kurau PLTU.
The satellite photo below shows the plant in Paruh Kurau, Deli Serdang District, North Sumatra Province, Indonesia.
Background on Plant
In the 2016-2025 and 2017-2026 PLN long-range supply plans, Sumut-1 power station is proposed for 2018. According to the 2017-2026 plan, the project is currently under construction. In the 2018-2027 plan the project is listed for completion in 2019. In the 2019-2028 plan the project is listed for completion in 2020.
- Sponsor: PT PLN Persero
- Parent company: PT PLN Persero
- Location: Paruh Kurau, Deli Serdang District, North Sumatra Province, Indonesia
- Coordinates: 3.7802498,98.6369399 (exact)
- Status: Construction
- Gross Capacity: 2 x 150 MW
- Type: Subcritical
- Start date: 2020
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing: PT Mabar Elektrind (Chinese)
Articles and resources
- “Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik, PT PLN (Persero), 2016-2025,” Kementerian Energi Dan Sumber Daya Mineral, June 2016
- Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik (RUPTL) 2017-2026, PT PLN Persero
- Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik (RUPTL) 2018-2027, PT PLN Persero, A-19
- Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik (RUPTL) 2019-2028, PT PLN Persero, A-13