SourceWatch:Report a vandal
Users and IP numbers that make malicious changes to the SourceWatch will be blocked. If you find a page that has been vandalized, please report it here. Be sure to include: (1) the name of the page, and (2) the user ID or IP number of the individual responsible for the vandalism.
A "malicious change" consists of deliberate deletion of serious content, use of gratuitous profanity or other abusive language, or insertion of material that is clearly false, inaccurate and unfair. Typographical errors and good-faith efforts to contribute will not be considered vandalism, even if the contribution expresses opinions with which you disagree.
A single instance of (possibly accidental) vandalism is not generally sufficient to get you banned, but if you do it repeatedly, you're outta here.
- IP number 126.96.36.199 was blocked for repeatedly deleting the entire text of the Weapons of mass deception article and replacing it with the phrase, "France sucks." (Block lifted on March 30, 2003)
- IP number 188.8.131.52 has been blocked for deleting the entire text of both the Weapons of mass deception article and its corresponding talk page. (Block lifted on March 30, 2003)
- IP number 184.108.40.206 has been blocked for deleting the entire text of six different articles. (Block lifted on April 28, 2003)
- The IP range 142.177.*.* was banned on May 3, 2003 for repeated postings of unsubstantiated fabrications coupled with belligerent language and a general failure to "play well with others." This user appears to be the same as Wikipedia User "24" who has been banned there as well as from Meta-Wikipedia and MeatBallWiki. The block was lifted on May 17, 2003 but reimposed on October 29 after several complaints from other users. (On 9/11/03, for example, user "Artificial Intelligence" noted that IP number 220.127.116.11 had created and/or redirected a number of pages on the variant War On Terrorism, etc. ... including Moron Terror.) 142.177.*.* is a self-proclaimed "troll" who sometimes shows intelligence and knowledge but who seems to delight in arbitrary behavior and antagonizing other users.
- IP number 18.104.22.168 was blocked on July 23, 2003 for deleting the entire text of four articles. (Block lifted on August 28, 2003)
- IP number 22.214.171.124 was blocked on July 31, 2003 for creating several racist, pro-Nazi propaganda articles including "Hitler" and "final solution." (Block lifted on August 28, 2003)
- IP number 126.96.36.199 was blocked on August 28, 2003 for several acts of vandalism. (block lifted on October 29, 2003)
- 8/31/03 IP number 188.8.131.52 was blocked after vandalizing this file, War, and Prodemca files. (Block lifted on October 29, 2003)
- IP number 184.108.40.206 was blocked on October 13, 2003 for creating two articles consisting of profanity and insults. (Block lifted on November 14, 2003)
- IP numbers 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168 were blocked on October 24 and 25, 2003 after committing several vandalisms of the Jack Oliver file. (Block lifted on November 29, 2003)
- IP numbers 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199 were blocked on November 29, 2003 after arbitrarily deleting the content of 11 pages created by Bob Burton. Apparently this user didn't like Bob's edits on an article and lacked the maturity to discuss it with him before throwing a temper tantrum. The proper way to deal with disagreements is to look for a consensus that all parties can accept. If you have strong disagreements with someone about an article, you can discuss them on the talk page for that article and exchange emails. That's a more mature way to deal with differences than namecalling and arbitrary vandalism.
- Anonymous posting from IP numbers listed on domain name server block lists (DNSBLs) was blocked on January 9, 2004, following a series of abusive postings. DNSBLs are frequently used by email spammers and others engaged in abusive Internet practices and have been a problem on Wikipedia as well as on the SourceWatch.
- IP number 188.8.131.52 was blocked on January 14, 2004 for repeated vandalism to the Richard M. Nixon article.
- 4/18/03 09:17 (EST) IP number 184.108.40.206 created vulgar "Barnes Report" page (corrected).
- IP number 220.127.116.11 has created bogus information for The Freedom Forum. AI 4/8/03 09:28 (EST) (corrected)
- 5/3/03 14:57 (EST) IP number 18.104.22.168 created the bogus Judith A. Reisman page.
- 5/31/03 IP number 22.214.171.124 created a bizarre United States page
- 8/8/03 IP number 126.96.36.199 deleted Jim Lobe news article at Project for the New American Century. AI 8/9/03 06:53 (EDT)
- 8/10/03 IP number 188.8.131.52 deleted Craig Rosebraugh article. AI 13:08 (EDT)
- 8/20/03 IP number 184.108.40.206 posted the full text of a "Nigerian scam" email.
- 9/2/03 IP number 220.127.116.11 deleted text of Ibrahim El-Hibri. Restored last edit prior to text deletion. AI 18:40 (EDT)
- 9/7/03 IP number 18.104.22.168 deleted the content in Soft money and created a page with gibberish.
- 9/11/03 IP number 22.214.171.124 created a weird, seemingly "pro-jihad" screed involving some cult religion.
- 9/19/03 IP number 126.96.36.199 deleted content of Dark Winter.
- 9/27/03 IP number 188.8.131.52 made contributions to Terrorism as propaganda 13:23; Noam Chomsky 13:20 (Talk) (chomsky, revolutionary anarchist and linguist); Anarchism 13:16; AFTER making a nonsense entry at the American Civil Rights Coalition 13:09...(heh.). Because I do not have the expertise to assess these contributions, and based on the nonsense entry, I suggest that someone better qualified check these entries. --AI 9/27/03 08:13 (EDT)
- 9/28/03 184.108.40.206 vandalized Private Military Corporations
- 11/26/03 IP number 220.127.116.11 created two talk pages full of name-calling, insults and profanity.
- 11/29/03 IP number 18.104.22.168 essentially deleted numerous articles, often stating that he/she was removing "technical" material. -- 03:40 (EST) AI
- 12/01/03 IP number 22.214.171.124 created a nonsense file for Iraq Foundation. -- 15:05 (EST) AI
- 12/6/03 IP number 126.96.36.199 added vulgarity to Bush administration/Project for the New American Century. -- 02:42 (EST) AI
- 12/21/03 Talk:Banana Republicans; 00:12 . . 188.8.131.52 argumentative, apparently with a grudge against SR's differing perspective on Tiananmen Square events.
- 1/2/04 IP number 184.108.40.206 deleted/vandalized Hulf McRae Ltd and Media watch files. Files have been restored. -- 06:37 (EST) AI
- 1/6/04 IP number 220.127.116.11 -- vandalized war propaganda. Files will be restored. -- 17:00 (EST) AI
- 1/21/04 IP 18.104.22.168 deleted almost the entire contents of this file.
- 1/21/04 IP 22.214.171.124 created a bogus article about the Dalai Lama.
- 2/19/04 IP 126.96.36.199 deleted contents of Paul Driessen page - BB
- 3/11/04 IP 188.8.131.52 deleted contents of Third Way, Gus Whitcomb, American Patrol and Liberty Lobby -- bob
- 4/06/04 IP 184.108.40.206 altered text of Weapons of Mass Destruction, talking about "Weapons of Kick-ass Destruction" Mutternich 14:46, 6 Apr 2004 (EDT)
- 5/12/04 IP 220.127.116.11 deleted contents of Bush-Cheney '04 Inc. and replaced it with junk
- 5/13/04 IP 18.104.22.168 inserted nonsense about "Courtney Nicole" into Islamic caliphate in two separate edits