SourceWatch:Import state flags
Many of you used our state-by-state election portals during the 2008 congressional elections, and they'll be back in some form when we open the new OpenCongress wiki. For now, we need some help grabbing the state flag images used on those portals and uploading them at the new wiki.
- Check out this map and click on a state.
- Click on the state flag when you arrive at the state portal
- Click the link at the top that says "redirected from "Image:state flag.png."
- Right click on the flag image and choose "Save image as" or "Save file as."
- Note: Keep track of this location for future steps.
- Head over to the upload page at the OpenCongress wiki. You'll need to register, but you were going to do that anyway, right?
- Browse for the image you downloaded earlier. The "filename" field should fill itself in, but if not use the same name as the image from Congresspedia.
- In the "Summary" box, include the following text:
Obtained from Sourcewatch and used under the GNU Free Documentation License
- Hit "Upload file."
You should be done.
Check-off for completed states
Please enter your username (or just "complete", if you like) in the box below that corresponds with the state you've finished. You may also want to note any states that you've started to prevent edit conflicts.
|Missouri||Complete||District of Columbia||Complete|