(Redirected from SourceWatch:Congresspedia help)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Policies and Guidelines
Research and referencing
Step one: Getting started
If you're new to Congresspedia, start at the SourceWatch:About Congresspedia page. It'll fill you in on the basics of the site.
Step two: Finding your way around
- The full list of existing Congresspedia articles.
- SourceWatch:Find Senators and Representatives (including yours!).
- How to search for an article.
- How to explore SourceWatch.
Step three: Getting ready to edit
- First you need to register.
- Then you need to know how to log in.
- Make sure to read the Congresspedia article guidelines and the policies for contributors.
Step four: Editing
- How to contribute to Congresspedia and Sourcewatch.
- Before you start editing other users' contributions, make sure you know how to use talk pages, which are used to discuss how to improve articles.
- How to edit a page. Anyone, including you, can edit a page, here's how!
- Quick guide to editing.
- Experiment with editing articles in the sandbox.
- How to start a new page.
- Follow Congresspedia and SourceWatch's standards of referencing.
Important, but miscellaneous
- Frequently asked questions.
- How to set preferences.
- How to rename a page.
- How to use redirect pages.
- How to revert a page to an earlier version.
- How to delete pages
- Manual of style
- The general disclaimer for SourceWatch and Congresspedia.
- More help can be found at SourceWatch Help.