The Skyline Complex is an underground coal mining operation in Carbon County, Utah. It was owned by Arch Coal, as part of Arch Coal's western bituminous mining region, which sold 20.6 million tons of coal in 2008.
In June 2013 Canyon Fuel Co. was sold by Arch Coal Inc. for US$435 million to Bowie Resources, a mining firm from Kentucky. The sale consisted of the Sufco Mine in Sevier County, the Dugout Canyon Mine in Carbon County and the Skyline Complex on the Emery/Carbon county border.
- MSHA ID: 4201566
- Operator: Bowie Resources
- County: Carbon
- State: UT
- Latitude: 39.68
- Longitude: -111.23
- 2007 Production (short tons): 2,533,252
- Coal Type: Bituminous
- Mining Method: Underground
- Mine Status: Active
- Average No. of Employees: 196
North Lease Mine
P.O. Box 719
Helper, UT 84526
Phone: (435) 448-6463
Scofield Route, Eccles Canyon
Articles and resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- Coal and jobs in the United States
- Coal phase-out
- Headquarters of U.S. coal mining companies
- Global list of coal mining companies and agencies
- Utah and coal
- Proposed coal mines
To see a listing of coal mines in a particular state, click on the map:
- "Our mines: Skyline Complex", Arch Coal website, November 2009.
- "Our mines", Arch Coal website, November 2009.
- Mike Gorrell, "Utah's largest coal company sold for $435 million," The Salt Lake Tribune, June 28, 2013
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|