San Mariano municipality (Philippines)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
San Mariano is a municipality in Isabela province in the Philippines. As of its 2007 census, it was home to a population of 44,718 people in 36 barangays (villages). It is located in Region II, on the island of Luzon.
Articles and Resources
Related Sourcewatch Articles
- 2007 Philippines Census, Accessed June 7, 2011.
- Bioethanol Project in San Mariano Isabela
- Bioethanol Production from Sugarcane.
- JOINT ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER NO. 2008-1, Series of 2008: "Guidelines Governing the Biofuel Feedstocks Production, and Biofuels and Biofuel Blends Production, Distribution and Sale under Republic Act No. 9367."
- Gerry Albert Corpuz, John Lloyd Hoffman and Lala Mudra Flores-Aguilar, Foreign group urges Aquino to recall bio-ethanol project in Isabela, AllVoices, June 5, 2011.
- Cynthia D. Balana, "Int’l group probes alleged land-grab by foreign firms," Philippine Daily Inquirer, June 5th, 2011.
- Donnabelle L. Gatdula, "Green Future Innovations to build P6-billion ethanol plant in Isabela," The Philippine Star, January 31, 2011.
- "Green Future Innovations announces Bioethanol plant in Isabela," Alternat1ve, October 11, 2010.
- "ITOCHU and JGC launch large-scale bio-ethanol production and power plant businesses in the Philippines," press release, ITOCHU Corporation, April 8, 2010.
- Alena Mae S. Flores, "Japan’s Itochu, partners building ethanol facility in Isabela," Manila Standard Today, January 13, 2010.
- Mason Inman, "Clearing Land for Biofuels Makes Global Warming Worse," National Geographic News, February 7, 2008.
- Emma Graham-Harrison, "Biofuels speeding global warming: Chemist pointing at fertilizers used in modern farming," Reuters, October 8, 2007. (The same article is available here.)