Rick Menell "trained as an exploration geologist and worked as an investment banker with JP Morgan in New York and Melbourne. He also worked as an executive director of Delta Gold in Australia. He worked with Anglovaal Mining from 1992 – 2006, becoming CEO in 1999 and executive chairman in 2002 before his current position at Teal Exploration & Mining, Inc. He is also deputy chairman of Harmony Gold Mining Company Limited, Chairman of the South African Tourism Board, a director of the Standard Bank Group and Mutual & Federal, and chairman of Village Main Reef Gold Mining Company (1934) Limited. He is a director of the Chamber of Mines where he was president from 1999 to 2001." 
Richard Menell was appointed a Weir Group "non-executive director in April 2009. Richard was previously an investment banker with JP Morgan in New York and Australia and an executive director of gold producer Delta Gold in Australia. He returned to South Africa in 1992 to join the Anglovaal Group and was appointed chief executive of Anglovaal Mining in 1996 and executive chairman in 2002. He was president and chief executive of TEAL Exploration & Mining Inc from 2005 until 2008. He was also formerly chairman of Avgold Ltd (1996-2004) and Bateman Engineering BV (2005-2009) and director of Mutual & Federal Insurance Company Ltd (1996 -2010) and Standard Bank Group Ltd (1997-2011). Richard is currently a director of Gold Fields Ltd in South Africa and a senior advisor to Credit Suisse. He is a fellow of the Geological Society (London), and both the Australasian and South African Institute of Mining and Metallurgy." 
His father is Clive S. Menell.
- Chair, Palaeontological Scientific Trust 
- Director, Institute of Human Evolution 
- Trustee, City Year
- Director, City Year South Africa 
- Trustee, Claude Leon Foundation 
- Trustees Advisory Council, One Voice 
Resources and articles
- Rick Menell, City Year, accessed July 7, 2007.
- Weir Group Board, organizational web page, accessed August 20, 2012.
- People, Palaeontological Scientific Trust, accessed December 15, 2011.
- Board, Institute of Human Evolution, accessed December 15, 2011.
- About, City Year South Africa, accessed January 19, 2011.
- Claude Leon Foundation Trustees, organizational web page, accessed September 2, 2012.
- OneVoice Trustees Advisory Council, organizational web page, accessed January 13, 2013.