Rabbis for Human Rights
(Redirected from Rabbis For Human Rights)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Rabbis for Human Rights
Human Rights Activists & Defenders
Accessed November 2007: 
- Meira Welt attended the Drisha Institute for Jewish Education in New York, USA. Ms. Welt participated in the Rokem (”tapestry”) seminars, an innovative program for Rabbis and Rabbinical students representing all denominations hosted by Hebrew College in Newton Centre, MA, USA. Ms. Welt is currently studying in the RHR Beit Midrash for Human Rights.
- Rabbi Nava Hefetz is the Educational Director of Rabbis for Human Rights. Rabbi Hefetz has led numerous delegations of young Israeli and Palestinian leaders, training them in the art of dialouge for peace. In addition Rabbi Hefetz is active in the mifgashim encounter program, which provides a framework for Israeli and Diaspora Jewish youth to […]
- Rabbi Michael J. Schwartz is director of resources and development for RHR.
- Rabbi Amy Klein is the Director of the Reconstructionist Rabbinical College Israel Program and serves on the board of Rabbis for Human Rights.
- Jacob Blaustein Institute for the Advancement of Human Rights JBI calls attention to human rights issues of core importance to the Jewish community, i.e., combating religious intolerance, torture, discrimination (whether based on race, religion, sex, or other status), and preventing the indifference that can lead to genocide.
- Rabbi Idit Lev is the Economic/Social Justice Director for RHR and is active in the Amutat Alon association which provides information and counseling services to unemployed individuals who are compelled by law to participate in Israel’s Wisconsin Program.
- Rabbi Miri Gold is the spiritual leader of Kibbutz Gezer’s Kehilat Birkat Shalom Reform synagogue.
- Rabbi Anita Steiner graduated from the Reconstructionist Rabbinical College in Wyncote, Pa. Having made aliyah to Israel in 1975, she received a B.S.W. with honors from Bar-Ilan University in 1981 and then worked as a social worker in Israel for 20 years, most recently as coordinator of social services for Ethiopian Jews in Ashkelon. Rabbi […]
- Rabbi Yehiel Grenimann is a past Chairperson and is currently the treasurer of Rabbis of Human Rights
- Rabbi Arik W. Ascherman Executive Director of Rabbis for Human Rights
- Rabbi Ma'ayan Turner is the Chairperson of Rabbis for Human Rights
- Rabbi David Forman is the founder of Rabbis for Human Rights. He served as RHR’s chairperson between 1988 and 1992 and between 2002 and 2003.
Resources and articles
- Human Rights Activists & Defenders, Rabbis for Human Rights, accessed November 7, 2007.