Portal:Climate Change/Things you can do
Jump to navigation Jump to search
You can help write the history of climate change by taking on the following mini-projects:
- Add material about a PR company, The Hawthorn Group which recently newsletter outlined the "grassroots campaign Hawthorn created and managed for the American Coalition for Clean Coal Electricity (ACCCE)." ACCCE is a coal industry front group.
- Explore the intersection of the Clean Development Mechanism and Big Hydropower Schemes - "International Rivers" released a report on the main problems with major hydro schemes being included in the Clean Development Mechanism. See here, here (pdf) and here (pdf) for background information. You can help summarize the key issues on the Clean Development Mechanism and Big Hydropower Schemes page;
- Investigate the International Emissions Trading Association - who do they represent and what policies do they advocate?
- Help summarize the work of the International Risk Governance Council, which published a 32-page paper Regulation of Carbon Capture and Storage, available here (Pdf). The report was funded by corporations such as E.ON Energie, the Allianz Technology Center on behalf of the Dresdner Bank Foundation, Resources for the Future (RFF) and Swiss Re. It'd be great to have a more detailed summary on the Regulation of Carbon Capture and Storage (Report) page.
- Add links regarding industry-funded groups and think tanks opposing the Kyoto treaty; and
- Help update the articles on the Clean Development Mechanism and Carbon Capture and Storage and the Global Energy Forum.