The following are External Links related to the main article Paul Rieckhoff, the founder and executive director of Operation Truth.
Articles by Paul Rieckhoff
- Lt. Paul Rieckhoff: "A Report From The Field," American Dialogue, 2004. Streaming audio link.
- "Veteran Rieckhoff Speaks Out," anairhoads.org, May 1, 2004; "Rebuttal to G. W. Bush 'Mission Accomplished', May 1, 2003, Fox News, May 2, 2004.
- "Iraq: Army Recall," Washington Post, June 30, 2004.
- With Dafna Hochman, "How the Pentagon has failed U.S troops - Policies that hurt," The Agonist, August 30, 2004.
- "Don't mention the 'D' word," Daily Herald (Utah), October 14, 2004.
- "Speaking the Ground Truth," AlterNet, October 22, 2004.
- "Checkpoints in a world that's gray," Knight Ridder, March 20, 2005.
- Interview with Lt. Paul Rieckhoff. The Truth from the Front Lines in Iraq, 2-part audio link, OutrageNation/outrageradio.com, [September 2003].
- "Honor Betrayed" video, Veterans for Peace, October 2004.
- "Breaking Ranks. Iraq, two views from the trenches," with Mike Hoffman (founding member of Iraq Veterans Against the War) and Paul Rieckhoff (executive director and founder of Operation Truth); discussion moderated by Jay Harris (publisher of Mother Jones magazine) and facilitated by Scott Allen Miller (talk show host on AM 680 WRKO) presented in collaboration with the WAND Education Fund and Mother Jones magazine and sponsored by AM 680 WRKO, Boston's Talk Station, April 4, 2004.
- "A Soldier’s Tale," Paul Rieckhoff's Talk at Amherst April 20, 2004, Amherst Magazine, Summer 2004, and audio link.
- Janine Jacquet, "Operation Truth," The Nation/Nation Radio audioblog, October 6, 2004.
- "Majority Report": Paul Rieckhoff, Iraq combat veteran, and Executive Director and founder of the activist group 'Operation Truth'," Air America, October 19, 2004. Download.
- "In-Depth: Body Armor," ABC 7 News wjla.com, November 1, 2004. Evideo and transcript.
- "Iraq Veteran Paul Rieckhoff to Deliver Democratic Radio Address Saturday," U.S. Newswire, April 30, 2004.
- Carl Hulse, "Iraq Veteran Will Deliver War Critique For Democrats" (abstract), New York Times, May 1, 2004: "First Lt Paul Rieckhoff, National Guard member from New York who served almost year in Iraq, will deliver national Democratic radio address on May 1, filling role usually reserved for prominent members of Congress and other political figures ..."
- "Iraq veteran criticizes Bush on radio," AP, May 1, 2004.
- "Bush: We'll Finish Job In Iraq," CBS News, May 1, 2004.
- "Iraq veteran: 'Mr. President, our mission is not accomplished'," Drudge Report, May 1, 2004.
- Doug, "Another request for a Presidential apology," The American Thinker, May 1, 2004.
- "National Guardsman delivers Democratic response to Bush," New York Times, May 2, 2004.
- Pete Yost, "War vet criticizes Bush during radio address," AP, May 2, 2004.
- William Branigin, "Bush Says 'Life is Improving' in Iraq," Washington Post, May 2, 2004.
- Anthony Ramirez, "The Struggle for Iraq: The Troops; National Guard Officer Offers Criticism of Bush's Iraq Plans" (abstract), New York Times, May 2, 2004.
- "Some thoughts on Paul Rieckhoff," Silent Running, May 3, 2004.
- Libby Lewis, "Guardsman Draws Fire for Radio Critique of Iraq War," NPR, May 3, 2004: "Though 1st Lt. Paul Rieckhoff's remarks drew criticism, he says he intends to keep speaking out -- and stay in the military."
- Tony Snow, "While we’re talking about poseurs," Jewish World Review, May 4, 2004.
- Diane H. Mazur, "Military, politics need to keep their distance," University of Florida Op-Ed, May 5, 2004.
- Jane McHugh, "Guard officer says soldiers, not politics, motivated response," Army Times, May 6, 2004.
- Sylvester Brown, Jr., "More than one kind of bravery can make a hero," STLtoday, May 6, 2004.
- Oliver North, "The Images of Iraq," Freedom Alliance, May 10, 2004. North accuses Rieckhoff of being manipulated by Senator John F. Kerry into making his May 1, 2004, address.
- Marilyn Bechtel and Tim Wheeler, "'Support our troops: bring them home now!'," People's Weekly World News, May 12, 2004.
- Lisa Burgess, "Supporters of stop-loss bonus vow to keep up fight for extra $2,000 a month," European and Pacific Stars and Stripes, June 26, 2004.
- eleanor, "Soft Power In Action," Newshounds, June 27, 2004.
- "Operation Truth," channel 29, Fox News, August 2004.
- Jennifer Barrett Ozols, "‘We Were There’. An Iraq veteran hopes his new group will generate a grassroots effort to examine what went wrong with Washington’s post-war plans," Newsweek, August 6, 2004.
- Joseph L. Galloway, "Soldiers Use Online Resources to Make Voices Heard," Knight Ridder, August 11, 2004.
- Bob Geiger, "Northwoods teams with Ventura again in Operation Truth," Finance and Commerce, August 21, 2004: "Northwoods Advertising, the Minneapolis ad agency that helped former pro wrestler Jesse Ventura win a three-way election for Minnesota governor in 1998, again is teaming with Ventura to generate a national public dialogue about challenges facing U.S. troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. ... Called Operation Truth, the organization is being set up by Paul Rieckhoff, a New Yorker who served 10 months in Iraq as an infantry platoon leader."
- "Ventura disagrees with sending National Guard to Iraq," channel 5 kstp (Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN), August 24, 2004.
- Ashley H. Grant, "Jesse Ventura Helps Launch Organization 'Operation Truth'," AP, August 25, 2004.
- Melanie Hunter, "Vets Group Calls on Both Campaigns to Drop Swift Boat Vets Controversy," Cybercast News Service, August 26, 2004.
- Mark Egan, "Iraq War Veterans Want Debate on Iraq, Not Vietnam," Reuters, September 2, 2004.
- Vince Crawley, "Recent vets focus on troops’ plight. Worry about today, not Vietnam, says Operation Truth," Army Times, September 6, 2004.
- Susan Aschoff, "War stories, from those who know. Two veterans back from Iraq create a Web site so soldiers can share their experiences directly with the American public," St. Petersburg Times, September 11, 2004.
- Tai Moses, "Soldiers Once ... And Young. Iraq combat veterans offer raw, compelling testimony to the horrors of war and the anguish of returning home," AlterNet, October 12, 2004.
- Joe Rogers, "Organization Gives Voice to Everyday Soldiers," kpix.com, October 17, 2004.
- Paige Stein, "Soldiers’ stories. Operation Truth, a nonprofit started by Iraqi veteran hopes to make the soldier’s voice heard loud and clear," Boca Raton News, October 17, 2004.
- "Army Detains U.S. Reservists Who Refuse to Carry Out 'Suicide Mission' In Iraq," Democracy Now!, October 18, 2004: "Army National Guard 1st Lt. Paul Rieckhoff discusses how the Bush administration has failed to adquately protect soldiers on the battlefield. Rieckhoff served in Iraq from April 2003 to February 2004."
- Sarah Littman, "Soldiers' Views Are Essential for America," sarahlittman.com, October 19, 2004.
- Neela Banerjee and John Kifner, "Along with Prayers, Families send Armor," New York Times, October 30, 2004.
- Alexandra Marks, "Vets return, but not always with healthcare. As the nation honors its veterans Thursday, some advocates say too many are falling through the cracks," Christian Science Monitor, November 10, 2004.
- "Blogging From the Front Lines," PR Watch Forum entry, November 18, 2004.
- Tom Brokaw, "Blogging from the front lines. How soldiers are using the Internet to share their stories," MSNBC, November 19, 2004.
- John H. Richardson, "Paul Rieckhoff," Esquire, December 1, 2004. Full article not available without subscription.
- Brita Brundage, "Commando Correspondents. Armed with computers, cell phones and digital cameras, today's soldiers are the real embedded journalists," Fairfield County Weekly, December 2, 2004.
- "Under Armored," PBS Online NewsHour, December 9, 2004.
- "Rumsfeld Responds to U.S. Soldier's Grilling. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld Tries to Quell Firestorm Over the 'Hillbilly Armor' Issue," ABC News' Good Morning America, December 9, 2004.
- Ann Gerhart, "Bush Gives Medal of Freedom to 'Pivotal' Iraq Figures," Washington Post, December 15, 2004: "Paul Rieckhoff, a former Army lieutenant who served in Iraq and now runs an organization of veterans against the war, said the awards are 'a slap in the face to the troops' from 'an administration that loves the big PR move. . . . It validates how out of touch Washington is with the reality of what is on the ground in Iraq.'"
- Barry Grey, "Buying silence: Bush awards Medal of Freedom to key figures in Iraq debacle," wsws.org, December 16, 2004.
- Scott Shane, "A Flood of Troubled Soldiers Is in the Offing, Experts Predict," New York Times, December 17, 2004.
- Dennis Duggan, "Tour ended, Iraq vet fights new battle" (cache file), Newsday, December 19, 2004.
- Bob Herbert, "War on the Cheap," New York Times, December 21, 2004.
- Scott Harris, Interview with Paul Rieckhoff: "U.S. Veterans Say Iraq Insurgency Grows as the War is Mismanaged," Between the Lines, December 24, 2004.
- Joellen Perry, "Checkpoint Chaos. U.S. soldiers on the messy reality of manning checkpoints in a guerilla war: 'The procedure is, if you believe there's any danger to yourself or your unit, you have every right to open fire'," Die Zeit, 2005 (Number 11).
- Cheryl L. Reed, "Returning veterans paint grim picture of war's toll," Chicago Sun-Times, January 27, 2005.
- "Herold and his family are finally HOME," Guerrilla News Network, February 4, 2005.
- Keith Olbermann, "Federal Judge Dismisses the Army's 'Stop Loss' Lawsuit." Guest: Paul Rieckhoff, Operation Truth, olbermanwatch.com, February 8, 2005; Transcript, "Countdown with Keith Olbermann, MSNBC.
- Laura Williams, "Vets panel on mission for truth. Tells of peril Iraq G.I.s face," New York Daily News, February 15, 2005.
- Eric Holm, "Iraq Vets Say Services, Compassion Lacking," Newsday, February 15, 2005.
- "'Hardball with Chris Matthews'," February 25, 2005, MSNBC, February 28, 2005: "National Guardsmen and the Reservists ... make up roughly 42 percent of our fighting force in Iraq. ... And they‘ve been neglected and underfunded for decades. So, what you‘ve seen is a series of Band-Aid solutions to try to remedy that problem. And the recent testimony before the DAO—GAO—by some of these National Guardsmen and the Reservists really bring to light problems that we as veterans have known about for over a year now."
- "Dangerous Checkpoints," PBS Online NewsHour, March 7, 2005: "Iraqi Checkpoint Security Reevaluated." Guest: Paul Rieckhoff.
- Mark Benjamin, "The Invisible Wounded," Salon, March 8, 2005.
- Susan Jones, "Anti-War Groups Protesting US Troops Instead of Decision-Makers," Cybercast News Service, March 17, 2005. Posted on the GOPUSA website.
- Dennis Rogers, "Take war protests to D.C.," The News & Observer Publishing Company, March 19, 2005.
- "Rieckhoff responds to Kyne's diary," Guerrilla News Network, March 23, 2005; re Dennis Kyne, "Fayetteville Diary," Guerrilla News Network, March 23, 2005: "A veteran confronts charges Fort Bragg was the wrong place to protest."
- Brian Orloff, "In Iraq War, The 'Truth' Sometimes Hurts," Editor & Publisher, April 1, 2005.
- Kelley Beaucar Vlahos, "Veterans Evaluate War Experiences," Fox News, April 1, 2005.
- Stan Goff, "A Trojan Jackass for the Anti-War Movement", CounterPunch, April 2, 2005.